Started on: 03-17-2005 10:47 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: F355spider on 03-18-2005 08:25 PM
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post
Start. I used the Fiero Factory harness it is basic plug and play. Before I start tracing wires I was wondering if anyone else had this happen? Everything powers up but when I hit the starter switch the starter does not engage.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
p8ntman442

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2005 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for p8ntman442Click Here to visit p8ntman442's HomePageSend a Private Message to p8ntman442Direct Link to This Post
clutch switch if you get nothing to the starter. try jumping the plug with a wire, if that dosent work your only out 5 mins of your time.
stuartlowery

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
User Banned

Report this Post03-18-2005 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stuartloweryClick Here to visit stuartlowery's HomePageSend a Private Message to stuartloweryDirect Link to This Post
I'll work with ya. If you want I'll drop by Friday after work. I'm betting the new harness doesn't have the Purple and yellow Neutral switch bypassed. Especially since your harness is for manual and your car was originally an auto. There's a Big difference in the wire routing due to this. I bet the yellow and purple need to be tied together.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by stuartlowery:

I'll work with ya. If you want I'll drop by Friday after work. I'm betting the new harness doesn't have the Purple and yellow Neutral switch bypassed. Especially since your harness is for manual and your car was originally an auto. There's a Big difference in the wire routing due to this. I bet the yellow and purple need to be tied together.

I hope to have it running but call me when you get off I still need to wire up my alarm and door poppers to the alarm so I can open the doors with the alarm remote along with the engine cover. See I have plenty you can do Stu.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004
Well all I had to do was move a pin connector on the block plug by the Batt. And the car cranked right up yes it ran like it was in the Cady. I'm so happy I'm still grinning. So far no leaks and she purrs like a kitten. I'm very happy with the sound it sounds so much better than my SBC did. As soon as I get the clutch and brakes bleed I will hit the street and see how she runs. I like the fact that with the motor running my car does not move also when I had the SBC the whole car shook with the motor the 4.9 is so smooth in there you hardly know it is running except for that sweet low rumble coming from the pipes.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock