Extended Axles? Any ideas? by gt40cory
Started on: 03-15-2005 12:17 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: RCR on 03-16-2005 07:43 AM
gt40cory

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt40corySend a Private Message to gt40coryDirect Link to This Post
So I decided that I'm going to get longer A arms made for back of my Fiero and figuring that this has been done by several people, I thought that I might find some suggestions of how to lengthen the axles. I couldn't find much in the archives, except for someone to contact to have new ones made. Is there anyone here who has found longer axels from another car that can be used? Any ideas besides having new ones fabricated?

-Cory

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
spookything

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spookythingClick Here to visit spookything's HomePageSend a Private Message to spookythingDirect Link to This Post
Here is info that I have posted in another thread:

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/060726.html

If you have a manual transmission and you were to setup with the Intermediate shaft, it would then become easy to find a longer passenger side axle.

If you have an automatic it is already easy.

A quick trip to your local CV joint rebuilder will come up with an easy answer.

Rick

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I would get new axle's made, or find longer ones from another FWD car (if they exist). You don't want to mickey mouse this, it could cause a lot of damaged if an "extended" axle breaks (which I have a feeling it will).
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2005 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Call Archie.
gt40cory

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gt40corySend a Private Message to gt40coryDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

I would get new axle's made, or find longer ones from another FWD car (if they exist). You don't want to mickey mouse this, it could cause a lot of damaged if an "extended" axle breaks (which I have a feeling it will).

Has anyone here using a Held or similar wide track rear suspension kit ever found some axles from another vehicle, GM or otherwise, that "filled the gap" without modification? This would be ideal, though I know that ideal is often hard to come by.

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2005 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Dave Newman (Funnywheels at Ari's) had a shop in Florida extend his existing axles. They cut, extended, and balanced them. There's a thread somewhere over there that has the phone number of the place, and I believe his cost.

Bob

http://www.kitcar.ca/yabbse/index.php

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock