sbc coolant routing by hiller21c
Started on: 02-27-2005 08:25 PM
Replies: 16
Last post by: 87GTSleeper on 03-05-2005 09:22 AM
hiller21c

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiller21cSend a Private Message to hiller21cDirect Link to This Post
im doin the coolant in my sbc im just wondering how people have routed theres pict would be great. im mostly interested in how people have come across the back of the engine, from the water pump the the driverside coolant pipe.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
no real good pocs here, but its real somple, i dont have my heater core hooked up either

in the one pic you can see a black metal pipe looking at the ground by the front of the tranny, it is 2 pcs, i had the exhaust shop bend up for me, and it is pcd. together with a small chunk of rubber hose, it goes from the drivers side coolent pipr then in the other pic you can see that it wrape up to the thermostat housing,

then the other hose goes from the outlet on the CSI pump right to the pass side coolent tube real simple, that has about a foor of metal line inthere aswell, i also have an archie 4 core

------------------
Rich AIM: ONE FAST 2M8:
86se V6
Gold 86se 355 SBC,
92 BMW 325i

Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2005 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post

The lower portion of the crossover tube (black pipe over valve cover) is the stock v-6 pipe up to about the head gasket level where a piece of aluminized tubing compleats the passage over to the modified v-6 thermostat housing.

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruDirect Link to This Post
I used a pipe bender and bent some pipe to run against the firewall.

You can also turn the fill cap so it points to the front DS of the engine bay and run a thick hose over the top of the valve cover.

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
I haven't decided how I'm going to run mine. But I'm going to use some leftover coolant pipes that run along the side of the car. I have 3-4 sets from parts car. I should have enough with the right bends to make something work and look nice at the same time. Plus it's already what the car uses, so I know its going to last.

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com
Yellow Formula Signature

• 88 Yellow FORMULA
  • ZZ3 HSR, 345hp, 390lb-ft. Est to be done one of these days.
  • V8 buildup thread
  • My Shower Cam
  • At mile 20 I thought I was dead At mile 22 I wished I was dead At mile 24 I knew I was dead At mile 26.2 I realized I had become too tough to kill
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Look the details of mine on this thread. I went over the front valve cover.
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/046290.html

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

87GTSleeper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTSleeperSend a Private Message to 87GTSleeperDirect Link to This Post
Don't kinow if this is much help but:

I used flexible stainless tubing. The bare end on the right connects to my remote WP and snakes down to the passenger coolant tube. They also make a smaller diameter flex tubing for heater lines. I used those too. Very happy with them, so far.

GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
hiller21, what water pump are you useing? I'm running the sbc water pump with archie's drive belt system. Have the motor out of the car right now and could post a few pic's if that would help. He also supplied my to radiator hoses so it makes it pretty simple in my book.
Thanks Gary
hiller21c

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hiller21cSend a Private Message to hiller21cDirect Link to This Post
im useing archies water pump drive, i have a good idea on how i want to do it thanx to all the pics. if ya wana leave more ideas for me go for it just more +'s for ya haha.
eatoninside

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2005 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eatoninsideSend a Private Message to eatoninsideDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GKDINC:

hiller21, what water pump are you useing? I'm running the sbc water pump with archie's drive belt system. Have the motor out of the car right now and could post a few pic's if that would help. He also supplied my to radiator hoses so it makes it pretty simple in my book.
Thanks Gary

Yes, please post some pics. I'm working on the cooling system on my Archie SBC swap right now too and I don't know what to make of the parts I got with the kit. I'm using archies drive belt system and water pump too.

GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post
I haven't forgot about the pic's , just been busy this week. Will get them out soon.
Thanks Gary
Bump
PFF
System Bot
freshfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2005 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for freshfieroSend a Private Message to freshfieroDirect Link to This Post
correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the coolant tube on the driverside go into the thermastat housing and the water pump runs down the tube on the passanger side? is this too simple? thanks -gary-

[This message has been edited by freshfiero (edited 03-02-2005).]

GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post

Hope this helps.
Thanks Gary
GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post

GKDINC

1812 posts
Member since Dec 2001
Well that didn't work, will try other pics later
Thanks Gary

[This message has been edited by GKDINC (edited 03-04-2005).]

cire36

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2005 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cire36Send a Private Message to cire36Direct Link to This Post
GKDing,

Is that a Archie set up or you own custome work? If it is your work, can you give some details like hose part numbers, tubing ID / OD?

Thanks

GKDINC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 05:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCDirect Link to This Post

All the parts are from the Archie master kit.
Thanks Gary

[This message has been edited by GKDINC (edited 03-05-2005).]

87GTSleeper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2005 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GTSleeperSend a Private Message to 87GTSleeperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by freshfiero:

correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the coolant tube on the driverside go into the thermastat housing and the water pump runs down the tube on the passanger side? is this too simple? thanks -gary-

That's how it's set up on my car. Hot water from the therm housing goes up the driver side to the radiator and from the rad down the passenger side to my water pump. Right below the therm housing is a hose fitting that goes to the heater core. The hose leaving the heater core dumps at the very rear of the passenger coolant tube.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock