Started on: 02-05-2005 09:28 PM
Replies: 15
Last post by: $Rich$ on 02-07-2005 06:22 PM
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2005 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i took the nippie that is on there and i cut it off, then i drilled out the hole to accept the AIT sensor, and sprayed the entire tube with spray on truck bead liner, it looks really nice, and no-longer is high maiteneace polished aluminum, i know its not as pretty but it looks real good, has anyone else re-located the AIT into the pipe?
ive heard that they like it better when air is passing through it VS just hanging there in dead (non flowing) air like if you were to just put it in the fender-well

the AIT sensor was also NASYT .. coated in a thick layer of CRAP so i cleaned it all off with carb / intale cleaner, hopfully that dosnt hurt the sensor, i dont have it all installed yet, but hopfully tomorrow i will

------------------
Rich AIM: ONE FAST 2M8:
86se V6
Gold 86se 355 SBC,
92 BMW 325i

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
That looks pretty good, I like what you did with it. So you just drilled a larger hole after cutting off the nipple thing... sounds pretty easy. Will the sensor reach to where the hole is located?
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
it should reach, if not its nothing that would be hard to modify
NorthFloridaFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NorthFloridaFieroSend a Private Message to NorthFloridaFieroDirect Link to This Post
Mines still on its way.
Make sure you post pics of it installed.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I drilled a hole inthe stock tube, and just threaded the sensor into the metal. As long as you don't make the hole tooo big, the threads will tap itself in. You can use a dap of silicone around the threads to seal it...

-The CRX guy...

------------------

--1986 SE V6, Wild Custom Notchback --For Sale Click Me!
--1984 SE Modified Notchback

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
yep thats what i did, i plugged one end of the tube and sucked on the other, and mine seems to be air tight

no silicone needed

did you need to extend the wire harness? also... did you do yours in the same spot? ( where the nipple was?)

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
I didn't have to extend the wire harness, and yep, used that nipple location, its a great spot! Just becareful that the wireharness doesn't dangle hear the crossover/downpipe area. (I didn't end up putting a tube on the valve cover tho, just one of those breather filters)
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
yep, i alredy have a small breather on that tube
thanks
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

$Rich$

14575 posts
Member since Dec 2002
here is the installed pics, it looks like the wires to the sensor are tight, but there not, its just the way they hang, you can see that i have a breather on them metal line from the valve cover, im thinking of removing the metal line all together, and just putting a small breather right on the valve cover itself i know its hard to see, because my camera sucks ass
also here is an inside shot of my fiero side scoupe the plastic tabs that the 2 screws screw into are about done for, so what i did to SECURLEY install the scoupe was just use 2 sheetrock screws and then i used one of the metal clips that come with speakers for mounting them, there the same thing as the metal clips that bilt the inner fender wells to the 1/4 pannel, i just thought it was a good fix, VS the stock junk plastic screws that the original vent is held on with

i strapped the intake pipe to the gas filler pipes with a nylon zip tie and a pc of rubber between them to prevent any rubbing everything is nice and secure

------------------
86se V6
Gold 86se 355 SBC,
92 BMW 325i

[This message has been edited by $Rich$ (edited 02-06-2005).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2005 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I'm really starting to want to do this more and more.

BUT, does anybody know where to route the line from the valve cover instead of putting a breather on it? I heard that if you just use a breather you get a bad smell coming from the engine compartment? Its the crankcase ventilation or something like that right?

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
you can buy a hose nipple that will thread into the tube..
PFF
System Bot
FieroBUZZ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I'm really starting to want to do this more and more.

BUT, does anybody know where to route the line from the valve cover instead of putting a breather on it? I heard that if you just use a breather you get a bad smell coming from the engine compartment? Its the crankcase ventilation or something like that right?

Just be aware that putting a breather on the valve cover can earn you a 400.00 plus fine for tampering with the emissions system. That's if the MTO decides to do a roadside looky-loo at your car.

$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
just re route it to the other valve cover, with a PCV valve, and T into the stock one, or just plug it
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
the MAT or AIT - whatever you wanna call it - for best results, should be located as close as possible to the throttle body.

for the PCV - for best results - route it to the intake tube, as it was originally, and if you like, add a filter to it also, so it dont crud up the plenums, intakes & valves as much. that way the motor can still suck out the nasty gasses.

Edwin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for EdwinSend a Private Message to EdwinDirect Link to This Post
Hi i'm interrested in that little mod you did, it looks nice, can you still close the wheelcover (the piece of plastic preventing mud from going everywhere) or did you you had to saw in it or remove it?
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2005 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
the innerfenderwell goes back as it should the filter might be touching it, but not enough to make a buldge i think there is plenty of room for adjustment

damn, i for got how loud it was last time i had one on dounds good, ... any louder and i dont think i would like it ,

and YES i did notice an improvment in power, but probibly only because the old filter was a crusty paper one that was filthy as could be!!

i'd say its a good mod for $40

------------------
86se V6
Gold 86se 355 SBC,
92 BMW 325i

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave