2.8 Turbocharger recommendations? by The Funkmaster
Started on: 01-31-2005 12:07 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: caddyrocket on 02-01-2005 08:43 AM
The Funkmaster

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
-stands up-
Hello everyone. My name is Steve, and I am addicted to Fieros.
-sits down-

I require information... I cannot figure out what size turbocharger I will be needing for my engine. I have been looking at the garrett GT Series, and for the life of me, I just can't nail down what I need! I only really need one piece of knowledge: What A/R is best with the 2.8? I'm hoping to produce power from about 2,000 to 6,000 rpm, or more, I really don't mind if I can keep pushing it, as long as I have some low end. I am hoping to run 16+ psi boost... and I know I have to get the 'just right' turbo or I won't be happy. Thanks fellas! +'s to those that provide incredibly detailed and helpful information!

Steve

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
caddyrocket

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for caddyrocketSend a Private Message to caddyrocketDirect Link to This Post
I'm using a T3/T04E .48 AR turbine side and .50A/R compressor side. Spools great and pulls hard all the way to redline. I sell them for 375ea or you can try to find one used!
The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
hmm... well the price is good! But how much boost can it produce?
blkpearl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2005 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkpearlClick Here to visit blkpearl's HomePageSend a Private Message to blkpearlDirect Link to This Post
Hey Caddyrockit I will buy one of your Turbo's in the next few month's. Once I sell my 3.4 TDC I will buy one. I want to know how is your Turbo 2.8 doing. And would you be willing to help with information for those who want to Turbo their 2.8? I would really appreciate it if you would. Hope to contact you soon. Anyone want a new 3.4 TDC in crate for $500 plus shipping.

Hey Funkmaster do a search on Steve Hamm's Turbo 2.8. Type in Matt Hawkins and then search archives. Steve's Turbo 2.8 dyno'ed 330HP! @17 lbs of boost and ran just fine. It is an amazing car. And the post shows what he did to the engine.

Where did you get you're forged pistons?

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
The pistons are custom one-offs. 8.5:1 CR, forged aluminum... They are Sportsman Racing Products pistons. Cost me a fair bit!

But should be worth it

MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
I just have to pop in here and say i cant wait for a ride in this thing..

course, you owe it to me after all the work ive put into it with you.. hehe.

------------------

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
You're coming with me to Chicago, Illinois. When i get my chop.

You have no choice. It is your destiny.

MiZer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 211
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MiZerSend a Private Message to MiZerDirect Link to This Post
only if you pay for my hotel and strippers.
Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2005 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielDirect Link to This Post
I eventually want to put a pair of K03's on my 86. They are tiny and spool instantly, and they are good untill 5500 or so. My brother keeps insisting that we put 4 K04's on the 472. I don't think he understands that the car will be plenty cabable of killing me with 7.7L of cadillac. No need to turbo that beast.
Blue Shift

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 05:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue ShiftSend a Private Message to Blue ShiftDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, not to hijack - Blkpearl, check your PM/Email.
caddyrocket

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2005 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for caddyrocketSend a Private Message to caddyrocketDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Funkmaster:

hmm... well the price is good! But how much boost can it produce?

I've ran 9psi on my 2.8 but it can produce quite a bit more. I'm going to try as much as 15 with the 3.4 I just swapped in with racegas and a retune. I don't think it will have any problems supporting it. Some of my customers running these on their DSMs have ran 25+ without a problem.

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock