Started on: 11-17-2004 08:03 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: KissMySSFiero on 11-18-2004 11:04 AM
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
OK I drove Earls 4.9 5spd around the other day amd MAN! that thing is a MONSTER!!! I have read that people saying and posting that 1st gear is too short. WTF ARE YOU PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT! SHORT! hell it is non-exsistant! I was having to shift into 2nd before I got thru the Crosswalk! Now with that Obsevation, Would it be possible to build a tranny with the gears down one slot and add a new 5th or space them out to better use the power band more effeicently without spending a ton of cash?????

------------------
4.9 Caddy in Garage! Car in Driveway! ACK!

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieros
http://www.centralfloridafieros.org

Proud Member and founder of the DOWN SOUTH SUNNY WINTER PICK ON SNOW PEOPLE COALITION!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PBJ

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJDirect Link to This Post
With ours being an auto I don't have much first hand experience here. But I do know what you mean from driving other peoples cars. Ours 0-60's in 3.6 sec (calculated) so I could image a manual shift change would slow that down a bit. Thanks goodness for a rev limiter I have heard of starting off in second gear at the track to get your best 1/4 time.

Sorry no recommendations on the best tranny or a way to fix you running out of gear so quick.

Pete

------------------

Master Tuner Akimoto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2004 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
The only alternative you have are these http://www.westcoastfiero.com/transmission/transmission.html
86fieroEarl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
Take the th 440 Im giving you and have it rebuilt and convert yours to a auto j/k You could look into some fwd versions with a taller gear ratio.... But you can forget about the cavilier manuel tranny, My 96 cavilier had a shorter 1st gear then my fiero manuel..... But it did have a taller 4th and 5th gear. Or maybe it did not have one I forgot that thing was a 4cyl.

Get one of those versions and get a fwd conversion kit from rodney, I still have no idea if a cavalier manuel gearbox would fit on a fiero as in brackets and ect.

------------------

KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
Get taller tires.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock