attention 3800 SC owners by my2m4fiero
Started on: 11-17-2004 11:56 AM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Fiero Finale on 11-21-2004 02:16 PM
my2m4fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my2m4fieroSend a Private Message to my2m4fieroDirect Link to This Post
Got a question for you guys, or anybody else that might know. Is there a "Kit" to put one of these engines in a Fiero. I have an 85 5 speed and I want some more power. Where would be a good place to find one of these "kits" if they exist? Also, does the 3800 bolt up to the stock tranny?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatDirect Link to This Post
The closest thing you will get to a kit is from West Coast Fiero. They have on their website a list that shows all that is needed to install the SC3800 engine. They sell all that is required.

http://www.westcoastfiero.com/engine_conversion/3800sc-manual-ac.html

The tranny does bolt to thestock tranny.

------------------

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 11-17-2004).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2004 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the stock tranny bolts up to the 3800. As far as a kit, the only place I can think of that has anything that resembles a kit would be West Coast Fiero. www.westcoastfiero.com/
lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post11-17-2004 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by my2m4fiero:

Got a question for you guys, or anybody else that might know. Is there a "Kit" to put one of these engines in a Fiero. I have an 85 5 speed and I want some more power. Where would be a good place to find one of these "kits" if they exist? Also, does the 3800 bolt up to the stock tranny?

You can do it cheaper then WCF on your own. Get a 96 camaro 3800 Flywheel have it grinded to the fiero flywheel thinkness. Get a spec stag 3 clutch. since you are doing a 5 speed you don't need trans mounts. Get yourself a front trans mount from 94-97 transport mini van. Mounting is done on bottom. Wiring let PBJ from canada or Loyde from TX do your wiring. They can also do you chip or PCM programming. You can have an exhaust shop make up your exhaust. The rest you can look up on PFF. You don't need a KIT.

[This message has been edited by lowfierogt (edited 11-17-2004).]

my2m4fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for my2m4fieroSend a Private Message to my2m4fieroDirect Link to This Post
So the factory ECM can be used from an Iron Duke?
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
no you use the 3800 computer with a custom chip
Toddster

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 503
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2004 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ToddsterSend a Private Message to ToddsterDirect Link to This Post

So the factory ECM can be used from an Iron Duke?

as a paperweight. But not for the swap.

my2m4fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for my2m4fieroSend a Private Message to my2m4fieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm really seriously thinking about an engine swap. But I'm torn between the 3800 and a 350 small block. Right now i'm leaning towards the 3800 because it seems as if it would be cheaper to swap out than the 350. Thanks everybody for their .02 Now all I need to do is save up the money! I'm gonna miss my car so much, right now it's out of commission. The clutch went out and I think I spun a bearing in the duke, just another reason to put a better engine in the car! Thanks again everybody!
rynelson85

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2004 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rynelson85Send a Private Message to rynelson85Direct Link to This Post

I'm really seriously thinking about an engine swap. But I'm torn between the 3800 and a 350 small block. Right now i'm leaning towards the 3800 because it seems as if it would be cheaper to swap out than the 350. Thanks everybody for their .02 Now all I need to do is save up the money! I'm gonna miss my car so much, right now it's out of commission. The clutch went out and I think I spun a bearing in the duke, just another reason to put a better engine in the car! Thanks again everybody!

Give me a call, Theres been 3 3800installs in fieros done right here in town, by FieroX and animuL. It can be done for alot cheaper; and right here in town too. My numbers 737-2920. Names Ryan.

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a better link than the two listed? Even going to the PFF Parts Vendors at the top of the page gives me nothing but a logo and a picture. No further information.

Thanks

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Does anyone have a better link than the two listed? Even going to the PFF Parts Vendors at the top of the page gives me nothing but a logo and a picture. No further information.

Thanks

Man, it's not that hard...check this out, and it took all of less than one second: Give it a try....

Google Search Words "West Coast Fiero"

Google Search Words "Fiero's West"

------------------

PFF
System Bot
Spiff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpiffClick Here to visit Spiff's HomePageSend a Private Message to SpiffDirect Link to This Post
I think the West Coast Fiero website is having problems.
I only get the logo. I can't even use links to get to the parts I need.

------------------

1988 Fiero Formula T-Top # 1008 of 1252 (5 Spd White /Gray)
Click here to go to my Web site
Please use the Rating system accordingly

[This message has been edited by Spiff (edited 11-21-2004).]

mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spiff:

I think the West Coast Fiero website is having problems.
I only get the logo. I can't even use links to get to the parts I need.

Works for me - ?

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by mcaanda:

Works for me - ?

I just tried it and I can't get past the logo page, either. Looks like a different front page than usual, too.

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

I just tried it and I can't get past the logo page, either. Looks like a different front page than usual, too.

That's the problem here. Google, too.

Fiero Finale

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2004 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero FinaleSend a Private Message to Fiero FinaleDirect Link to This Post
Hmmmmm I can get past the logo page?? I wonder why you guys can't.

But what is the advantages & disadvantages of a 3800 Series II S/C swap & a 350 SBC swap?? I'm thinking more along the lines of 3800 but I keep hearing the appraisal of V8 swaps all the time.

*sits back and waites for responses*

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock