Started on: 10-12-2004 12:36 PM
Replies: 49
Last post by: NEPTUNE on 10-31-2004 01:02 PM
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Congrats, Charlie!
That was fast. Did they decide to settle when they got served?
I would still be tempted to report them to the BBB and Office of Consumer Affairs.

Wonder if they'll be painting any more Fieros any time soon.
Not that anybody I know will go within 500 feet of the place...

IP: Logged
synapse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for synapseSend a Private Message to synapseDirect Link to This Post
Ok, the car looks great, I'll load you some pics before sunday. THere is some over spray on the bottom flashing, but besides that it looks really good, had many people doing double takes at her the local winn-dixie. Ohh yea, they got slight spray the the front left tire. Polyurethane paint looks great on our cars.
jeffndebrus

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusDirect Link to This Post
I can only beg you to look at what they did to our car-see pic. What would you do if they painted your car pink and then got aggressive with you when you questioned it?

Originally posted by jeffndebrus:

This is what the "M" place did to our car when we simply asked for it to be repainted silver. As you can clearly see in the pic-the car was painted Pink! When we complained, they gave a very poor--and aggressive attitude toward us. Not only was the paint the wrong color but it was dull, rough, had runs all over it and cost over $600. After I threatened a lawsuit-they repainted our car but it is still not a good paint job at all.
I will never recomend the "M" place to anyone!!!

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post
Yes, Raydar, they paid without contesting. With the difficulty I had in tracking down their name, I expected some problems. They aren't registered with the Secretary of State as a corporation, and they aren't registered with Douglasville by anything other than by the owner's name who lives in Marietta, doing business as MAACO.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

...They aren't registered with the Secretary of State as a corporation, and they aren't registered with Douglasville by anything other than by the owner's name who lives in Marietta, doing business as MAACO.

Lovely.
Anybody else think that this guy is a complete bozo? If for no other reason than he's leaving himself open to a tremendous liability?
Hell, I wonder if MAACO even knows about him.

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2004 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Elenor84:

So your calling every fiero owner cheap?

i think what he meant was that fieros ARE cheap and thats one of the reasons he got it. seriously 18 year old cars are USUALLY cheap but the fiero stays around 2-3k...

I think that maco does an ok job on paint as long is it isnt a huge change in color... my friends eclipse looks funny because they didnt even paint the door sills. and the underside of the hood is still its original color. and you can see where EVERY rock chip is on his bumper....

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

My Fiero XoticRydzMid-Rear Madness

Member of the "Im Tired Of All The Flame Wars" committee ITOATFW

Be Excellent To Each Other" - Bill S. Preston Esquire Ted Theadore Logan

synapse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2004 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for synapseSend a Private Message to synapseDirect Link to This Post
Heres the pics after maaco, the last one is before the paint, they really did a good job sanding the hood. Its not perfect, but its well worth $360 to me. I had to scale the pics back before I could post so they didnt turn out to sharp

fierofool

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Hell, I wonder if MAACO even knows about him.

I tried contacting corporate through their website before I filed the suit. The only way to make contact with anyone is if I want to buy a franchise. I was able to do a websearch and found the CEO. I plan on sending him some comments.

I did the warranty registration thing and answered the satisfaction questionaire. Gave them poor ratings but never got a response. Guess customer's opinions and satisfaction means nothing to them.

To be totally honest, though the car has some trash in the paint and a few other problems, there was absolutely no overspray anywhere. I requested they cover the VIN # tags on all the panels, and they did that, except for the one on the front fascia. Standing back a few feet from the car, you can't tell that it's not original factory paint. The problem I had with them was the damage done to the car and the disposal of my floor mats, blaming the damaged window on a close friend of mine, and telling me to go to Wal-Mart and get some floor mats for $25.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rob Ernst:

Ok, wife says I can have my car painted.

I'm near Cincinnati. I've heard enough bad stories about Maaco but since I'm cheap (Hey I drive a Fiero) I want to tempt fate.

Has anybody near Cincinnati had GOOD experiences with any particular Maaco (since I know they are franchised)? I'm willing to drive as far north as Columbus, as far west as Indianapolis, as far south as Louisville or Lexington...

Thanx!

Hey rob check with a PFF member named Morkidan, he lives in Middletown (my hometown yeah!) he recently got his car painted at a local shop and it turned out awesome, not sure what he paid.

Middletown is on I-75 about 30 minutes north of Cincinnati.

NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2004 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
I had a good paint job done in downtown Cocoa Florida a few years back for $400. Metallic gold, uv&clearcoat. I removed the grilles, wing, taillights and side marker lamps as well as the side mirrors and quarter windows, and sanded off the Fiero decal on the rear. I also sanded a couple of gouges. I left the lower trim (unpainted black plastic on an 87) alone. It looked great for 3 1/2 years, but the Florida sun is brutal on metallic gold paint and its dull now, I got the car back 2 days late, but there was almost no overspray, and no flaking or peeling. The shop said Fieros take paint well.
I'll go back there again soon.
Oh yeah, DON'T change colors unless you have big bucks to spend or it will look terrible.

[This message has been edited by NEPTUNE (edited 10-31-2004).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock