Started on: 08-08-2004 04:54 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: SOULCRUSHER on 11-25-2004 08:59 PM
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 04:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Don't debate the Fiero FP here, whether sufficient or not, thats not where this should go...

I've heard the corvette pump, I've heard turbo trans am, Holley 255, Grand National, Walbro 307, etc... Is there a preference for one of these vs another, and is there any difference as far as wiring, or changes needed for them to run? The car was a 4cyl, so a good pump is going in it regardless..

Thanks!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 06:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
get the walbro. its cheap, it lasts a long time, it works good. no probs here and you all know what kind of power i make. www.apeusa.com

click!

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Simple enough... Use the 255 or the HP255??
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
I just run the standard 255. no fueling probs.
Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Done deal. Also, check your PM...
Kaomkteek

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KaomkteekSend a Private Message to KaomkteekDirect Link to This Post
GSS307, I assume? Direct fit for the fiero or not? Sorry to butt in, just trying to decide what I should pick up as well
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaomkteek:

GSS307, I assume? Direct fit for the fiero or not? Sorry to butt in, just trying to decide what I should pick up as well

Actually Walbro just released a replacement for the 307 and 340, the F2000169. It flows 255lph @ more than 70psi and if you purchase it with the 87-92 GM install kit from http://www.precisionturbo.net/ it is a direct drop-in, plug-and-play replacement for the 87-88 Fiero.

------------------
power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Custom Chip Burning | Fiero Engine Conversions | Turbocharging | www.gmtuners.com

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post
ZZ Performance posted this on their website about fuel pumps. I would believe them since they have developed the 3800SC about as far as anyone and have their reputation on the line. BTW, I ran the stock Fiero V6 fuel pump for two years with my 3800SC and it never caused a problem. I replaced it with the Trans AM pump and occasionally have some stumbling. Course, Jon, I am not saying keep your 4 cylinder fuel pump.

http://www.zzperformance.com/zzp/info/bad_mods.htm This link is titled "Mods you don't need" and is a must read for 3800SC owners.

Walbro fuel pump

If you have an M90 on your car then your stock pump is capable of flowing enough fuel. Our 97 GTP put down 410WHP using a stock pump, our 2000 Monte Carlo (L36 200HP stock engine) put down 387WHP with the stock pump. Changing your fuel pump greatly increases the chance of pump failure or problems due to hoses coming off. If your stock pump is still working keep it! Another down side to the in tank Walbro is the fact that it won't suck your tank dry. Your factory 17 gallon tank will be reduced to a 15 gallon capacity.

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
Click here to read the History of Skitimes Car

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i run the walbro in my GTP, and it ias WAAYY quiet'er than the stock one all seems good with it
Kaomkteek

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 08:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KaomkteekSend a Private Message to KaomkteekDirect Link to This Post
Darth:

Whereabouts in Iowa are you from?

Also, I admit I'm blind but I cannot find the fuel pump on that website you listed -- I find plenty of links to fuel management or injectors but I'm not so sure they do me any good

Appreciate everyone's sharing of intelligence with the rest of us know-nots

SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2004 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHERDirect Link to This Post
I think you need to figure out how far you want to go for mods. The walbro would be good for the maxed out motor.

------------------

1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley,XPHOT cam, SS I/C and 105lb Valve springs: 12.52@110mph
Best 60 Foot ever: 1.735

PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave