Started on: 10-07-2004 09:31 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: mattm on 10-07-2004 08:15 PM
mattm

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post
What is the best way to memove the roof panel? I have to switch on over.

Thanks in advance, Matt

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
First thing first... you need to get the headliner out, removing a few of the interior b-pillar moldings.. the third brake light cover, the coat hooks, the dome light, the visors. After you have the roof showing there are around 6 bolts that hold the roof on up there. two on each side, and two near where the visors were mounted. then you need to pop the front hood and remove the windsheild washer hoses, that go over the screen cover thing, pop off the windsheild wipersremove the screen cover thing... to expose some bolts that hold the front lovwer part of the roof panel on. remove those. Now the hard part. the a pillars and roof panel in the front near the windsheild are glued on with that black stuff. ( someone will tell you what it is called)
I got a long razor knife and started to cut going up the a pillers, putting peices of cardboard between it and and the black stuff so it wouldnt stick back down. Do this on both sides and very gently lift the roof off. the corners of the roof near the top of the windsheild will crack if you dont do this gently. thats about it . Good luck. John
mattm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post
John,

Thanks, + from me. Do i have to use more of the adhesive? If so, where can i get it.

Thanks, Matt

Mickey_Moose

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
yes you will have to install new adhesive - it's called butyl rope, sorry I can't help too much with where to buy as I am in Canada, but any autobody supply store should sell it.

I found best to use heat to help soften the goop and loosen up the panels, I did mine on a hot sunny day, but heard that a blow dry works as well. I also found that is works best if you start at the bottom of the windshield and work up. Do the sides first, then the top (a long flat screwdriver will help along the top), the bottom will come off as you lift the top up and forward.

Do not pry with anything against the windshield as it will crack, work from the outside edge only.

Tim

[This message has been edited by Mickey_Moose (edited 10-07-2004).]

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
^^^ what he said, you should be able to get it at a local hardware. I havent went looking for some for me yet. If you need some pics, i can post some. John
mattm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2004 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattmSend a Private Message to mattmDirect Link to This Post
Mickey, a + for you too. thanks, Matt

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock