Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  HUD, Instrament cluster from 92 GTP - Anyone tried this mod?...Suggestions?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

HUD, Instrament cluster from 92 GTP - Anyone tried this mod?...Suggestions? by SKIDMARK
Started on: 10-04-2004 09:41 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: SKIDMARK on 10-04-2004 11:58 AM
SKIDMARK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SKIDMARKSend a Private Message to SKIDMARKDirect Link to This Post
I acquired a 92 GTP for the 3.4TDC engine and was wondering if anyone has used the HUD and instrament cluster from one of these cars in their Fiero. It would be an interesting mod since I'm planning on using the GTP computer and most of the engine bay and computer associated wiring harness. I'm exploring the possibilities both in the electrical and cosmetic aspects.

For the wise guys, I realize anything is possible with enough money but like all but a select few of Fiero enthusiasts, I have a limited budget for this project.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
someone has - i've seen one or two - not very common .. mostly because the majority of people use the stock fiero dash equipment
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
I have a couple of them. The biggest problem is they are huge and I couldn't figure out a clean way to install it without it being a lump on the dash. Next, there is the window ghosting problem (double image).

Otherwise, there is a 4000 PPM output on the Fiero speedo head (unused) that will drive it or use a 4000 PPM output from the swap ECM. The rest of the indicators just tie into the dash.

TK

SKIDMARK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2004 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SKIDMARKSend a Private Message to SKIDMARKDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure how big it is because I haven't seen the dash yet since I won't pick the car up until this coming Sunday but I thought I'd get some ideas on this. I am really interested in using the stock GTP computer with as few modifications as possible. I thought a good way to do this would be to use the GTP instraments and modify the wiring harness to fit the Fiero. The HUD would just come along for the ride so to speak as something cool to have but I could do without it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock