Started on: 09-20-2004 06:52 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: donk316 on 09-21-2004 12:56 AM
Mike Murphy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
Ok I just picked up a pretty decent unmolested car and already I'm thinking why should I be the first one to molest it but why not if I save all the old stuff but let's face it the duke with a 4 speed just begs for more power especially in an Indy. I 've got a nice stroked 3.1 to go into it but the 4:10 might be limiting the speed.

For all of those who have done it could you please give me a direction or prior thread to look into? I know some wiring needs to be changed along with the engine but what about cradle?

Any help would be appreciated or try to give me a good reason not to!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroBUZZ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2004 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mike Murphy:

Any help would be appreciated or try to give me a good reason not to!

Of all Fieros, the Indy will likely be the only one to ever appreciate in value enough to make it collectable. My opinion only of course, and I'm sure the guys restoring and saving them see molesting one as making theirs more valuable. Not applicable if you don't care about this.

Mike Murphy

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2004 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Mike MurphySend a Private Message to Mike MurphyDirect Link to This Post
I can appreciate what the Indy is and would not consider doing a swap if I could not restore it back to it's original condition easily. The Fiero is my "GTO" period with GM as I was a young District Sales Manager in my first assignment with the St. Louis Zone. Initially it was so hot that we could not meet the demand until the second year of production. I always thought the Pace Car was a great excercise but should have had more power to live up to the reputation of such a vehicle.
donk316

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post09-21-2004 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
Heres my Indy bastardized and raped.

www.cardomain.com/id/donk_316

------------------
This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock