HVAC Cables by TD37
Started on: 08-14-2004 03:42 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: Electrathon on 09-12-2004 01:46 AM
TD37

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2004 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
I tore apart my console a while ago to change a shift cable and put my HVAC cables on the wrong way because the temp. knob doesn't control the temperature anymore haha. I have an 86 SE w/o air so its the basic three cable setup. Can anyone tell me which way they are supposed to go, I'd rather not troubleshoot it and figure it out for myself. Thanks guys!!!

-Tim

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2004 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
Not that hard is it? Come on...Please?

-Tim

TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2004 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
one more bump i guess...

-Tim

TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
Back from the grave...one more time!!! Anyone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Not even a "nobody's gonna tell you idiot"?

-Tim

Electrathon

Feedback score:    (39)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 254
Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
You can easily tell by testing them. Turn the key and fan on. Play with them and you will quickly know which is which.
TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
Well I tried that already and I thought I had it nailed but didn't get it right. I normally wouldn't have such a lazy request like this where I could just figure it out for myself. But, the colored tabs have started to get brittle and one is already broken and barely hanging on and I can see the cracks in the other ones so I want to just take them off and put them back on rather than screwing around with them. Please help?

-Tim

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
OK, I went out and looked.

Red on bottom
Black on top back
Green on top right

My flashlight has a green bulb in it so I had a hard time seeing the exact color, but i think I got it right.

If the tabs break on the control head they are designed to be turned to the side and a screw installed to hold them.

Aaron

spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
This is all I could find:

TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post
Ok, thank you very much a plus for both of you even though the diagram doesn't show colors but it does help. Alright you got me curious...why do you have a green bulb in your flashlight?

-Tim

TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post

TD37

746 posts
Member since Jan 2004
I just tried the color combo that you told me and no dice it doesn't work. I've got a feeling your colors got messed up with your green flashlight. I've broken down and tried to figure it out myself but for some reason I just can't seem to get it and I'm driving myself crazy. I'm gonna eat some tacos and hit it again...

-Tim

TD37

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TD37Click Here to visit TD37's HomePageSend a Private Message to TD37Direct Link to This Post

TD37

746 posts
Member since Jan 2004
Alright, I've come to the conclusion that you can't get heat from the vent position is this correct? I tore apart the dash and console to replace a broken shift cable the 3rd day I had it so I honestly don't know if you could or not when it was hooked up correctly. So if anyone is watching, and I'm pretty sure no one is, can you get hot air from the vent. Thanks I guess

-Tim

PFF
System Bot
Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2004 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TD37:

why do you have a green bulb in your flashlight?

-Tim

I'll look tomorrow in the daylight.

The flashlight is a special diode light. It will go literally hundreds of hours without going dead. Green light is easier for the human eye to see than yellow/white light. So the light appears to be brighter with green than any other color.

Electrathon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2004 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectrathonClick Here to visit Electrathon's HomePageSend a Private Message to ElectrathonDirect Link to This Post
Looked in the light and I had them right except the one I thought was black was blue. The other two were correct.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock