Midwest 4.9 gurus I have a proposal for you by Wipe0ut
Started on: 08-05-2004 06:33 PM
Replies: 14
Last post by: pred1tor83 on 08-16-2004 05:24 PM
Wipe0ut

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2004 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys. Things have been real hectic with me moving out, my parents moving, and family vacations. I still don't have the Fiero running, although it's pretty close. There is a bunch of little stuff that I have never done before like hook up Fiero A/C compressor, fuel lines, throttle cable, oil cooler lines, transmission cooler lines. Now, the hard part is done, and I just need someone to help me with the rest of this. In return for your work, I'll give you a 1987 Honda Accord DX 5spd. It has some problems but was my daily driver until recently. When you push the accelerator it makes a sucking sound and dies, like a vacuum leak or something. Other than that it ran great and still idles great, shifts great, etc. It has a Flowmaster 2.25" catback on it, and all emissions equipment is removed. It's ready for a cold air intake (all the crap that used to connect to the manifold has been dealt with, including PCV). All you have to do is get my Fiero drivable - we will work on it together. Let me know if you're interested.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2004 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
Any takers?
Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
Biddlyump.

P.S. The Honda now has all new fuel lines and an aftermarket see-through fuel filter in the engine bay. I know it's tempting..!

[This message has been edited by Wipe0ut (edited 08-08-2004).]

Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post

Wipe0ut

1524 posts
Member since May 2002
I fixed the honda today - it was a loose primary booster venturi, and I forgot a spring in the accelerator pump which didn't help either.
It is a fully working car now.
Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2004 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post

Wipe0ut

1524 posts
Member since May 2002
Nobody has replied? That sucks. Here's more about the car:
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?p=438032#post438032
Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
nobody?
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2004 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Ya might wanna talk to MinnGreen and his bunch; surely someone they know can use a good transportation car. I'd take you up on it, but Tennessee and Minnesota are just a little far to commute, and the Lear is down this week...

------------------
88 Formula, "Asphalt Aviator"

Celebrate Artesian New Year!!!

Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
Hey at least someone finally replied, lol. I'll see if I can get in contact with them after this Friday.
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2004 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
If you were closer I would jump on this in a heart beat.

A free bump for you.

Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2004 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
I just took a 340 mile road trip to Sioux Falls and back and it made it perfectly. I can't believe nobody has taken me up on this yet.
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2004 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
I'd help you out if I weren't busy with getting my own swap finished before school starts.... Although I think $100 cash is more enticing than an '87 honda to a fiero board... j/k (well not really)

free bump though

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 08-14-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2004 02:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunDirect Link to This Post
wow, a car for that little bit of work? If i had a car i could trust to go the distance that would be nice. tell me more about what you need and have done to the car.
Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
The motor's in and so are the axles. I need help with routing hoses and finishing the little things:
-heater hoses
-A/C
-throttle cable
-shift linkage
-oil cooler lines
-fuel lines
-transmission cooler lines
-passenger coolant line

both Kyle and I have really run out of motivation.

..and the Honda is worth much more than $100.

Wipe0ut

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wipe0utClick Here to visit Wipe0ut's HomePageSend a Private Message to Wipe0utDirect Link to This Post
One more bump.
pred1tor83

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2004 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pred1tor83Send a Private Message to pred1tor83Direct Link to This Post
frendly bump

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock