Keyless Entry by Tom Corey
Started on: 08-01-2004 01:27 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: hajii on 08-06-2004 11:08 PM
Tom Corey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
Anyone have a good keyless entry system they can recommend along with wiring instructions for a Fiero? I had a cheap one from JC Whitney that finally died. I want one that is a bit more sophisticated electronically - horn/lights blink when buttons pushed, etc. Don't need a remote start. I just want to operate the doors and deck lid like I did with the $25 JC Whitney piece.

------------------

Tom Corey
Melbourne, FL
87 Green T-Top GT 5Spd SBC ZZ3 V8

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tex

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texClick Here to visit tex's HomePageSend a Private Message to texDirect Link to This Post
I found this link, so I bought one and installed it in my 84 vette. I like it very much and plan to put one in my Fiero as well (after I get the 3800SC installed). It is a bit pricy, but I like the look and feel of the GM fob. Of course the wiring in the article is different than what you will encounter in the Fiero.

http://www.batee.com/corvette/keylessentry/index.shtml

Jon

Silver 85 GT, 3800 SC swap underway

hajii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hajiiSend a Private Message to hajiiDirect Link to This Post
PM Shoprat; He's got a keyless sytem & an alarm combo you might want to check out; I bought one form him & it works like a champ.

Dave

naskie18

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hajii:

PM Shoprat; He's got a keyless sytem & an alarm combo you might want to check out; I bought one form him & it works like a champ.

Dave

What he said. Shoot Kris (shop_rat45) a PM and let him know what you're looking for and he'll hook you up.

------------------
Nick www.naskie18.com AIM: Naskie182010

Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
I use a Stellar shaved door handle/alarm kit. stellar.com <-- check it out
smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
I use a CrimeStopper CS-845 RHE

It's got keyless entry and starter kill. It can hook to relays like horn,lights. It's not an alarm, but the starter kill is great.

ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariDirect Link to This Post
I used a unit from autoloc on mine, worked quite well. Details on my web site (link in sig).

------------------
Dave E

www.ltlfrari.com
Visit the NC Fieros website at TarheelFieros.org

hajii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hajiiSend a Private Message to hajiiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ltlfrari:

I used a unit from autoloc on mine, worked quite well. Details on my web site (link in sig).

The unit from autoloc & the one shoprat sells are pretty much identical. I was checking those out as well while I was looking at them, but shoprat had a better price.

Raleigh, eh? maybe we should get a meet going at Scooter's on Strickland Rd...

[This message has been edited by hajii (edited 08-01-2004).]

scarletmacaw9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scarletmacaw9Send a Private Message to scarletmacaw9Direct Link to This Post
I can't use the key on the either door lock . I think the previous owner had changed them.anyway I installed the crimestoper got it from ebay good deal come with arlam and keyless entry system . installed them myself in few hrs not that hard to follow instruction.
hajii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hajiiSend a Private Message to hajiiDirect Link to This Post
Double post

[This message has been edited by hajii (edited 08-01-2004).]

nitro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroClick Here to visit nitro's HomePageSend a Private Message to nitroDirect Link to This Post
Go with something made by Directed, they Viper and Clifford lines are top of the line. --> http://www.directed.com/

I got the Viper alarm with the responder stuff. I know you don't want remote start, but it's kinda cool, and uhh yeah, I have the remote power window module. Like to show someone my car and start it up as we approach it... peeps are usually like yeah, show off, big whoop... then I roll down the windows and they are like and I'm like

Some of the pics from my install are here if you like.

------------------
- Kyle

Fiero Quarter Mile Database
Fiero Image Gallery

PFF
System Bot
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2004 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hajii:

Dave

Anyone know if Shoprat has a web page? I've tried PM, but no reply.

donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post08-06-2004 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
I have a Viper remote starter and keyless entry system for sale in the mall.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/020907.html

------------------

http://www.gmpcm.com/

[This message has been edited by donk316 (edited 08-06-2004).]

hajii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2004 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hajiiSend a Private Message to hajiiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tom Corey:

Anyone know if Shoprat has a web page? I've tried PM, but no reply.

It's http://www.remotestartdepot.com

------------------
85 SE 2m4 resurrected

[This message has been edited by hajii (edited 08-06-2004).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock