help with 4.9 swap by 2-tone
Started on: 07-20-2004 05:40 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: 2-tone on 07-29-2004 12:19 PM
2-tone

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
my 4.9 izusu runs but is very hard to start. it boggs wheh you hit the gas, the ses light is on. everything appears to be hooked up. I have a rockcrawl chip.where do I start to figure out what is wrong.-B-
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodDirect Link to This Post
Start by checking the fuel pressure and the timing. If my timing is a little slow, it can really make the engine rev slow and bog.

Are you able to hook up a scanner and get engine data? If not, I would be willing to run over tomorrow night and hook mine up.

Gene

------------------
87 Notchie 4.9
87 SE 3.4TDC swap in progress
87 Notchie Pontiac 428 longitudinal coming soon

2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
please that would be great. cant get it going long enough to get the timeing set.It is really makeing me a basket case.
2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post

2-tone

592 posts
Member since Jan 2002
got timeing somewhat set Mark kept jumping around . still have a ses light.could a ignition module cause this? vss is not working Speedo not picking it up i guess. and on my very short trip up the road allit would do is spit and backfire with no power.

[This message has been edited by 2-tone (edited 07-20-2004).]

scrabblegod

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scrabblegodSend a Private Message to scrabblegodDirect Link to This Post
How about between 6:30 or 7:00
Send me the address/directions to gene@scrabblegod.com

Gene

blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Gene,
Been trying to get hold of you. Call me Please.

------------------
Ron
aka: Blackrams

2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
how is it going there ron. sorry I missed you guys this weekend. as you can see i was busy with my 88
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I'm impressed with what you're doing. Thinking about going the same route with the Pantero II. We had a great time, saw some really nice cars and then Gene blew my doors off coming home. But it was fun.

------------------
Ron

[This message has been edited by blackrams (edited 07-21-2004).]

2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2004 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
Gene stoped by and gave me a hand with my 4.9. worlds better.Just need to get my timeing dialed in.Wooo Hooo-B-
2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
still popping out of exhaust. acording to Gene my timing is still a little slow. Also I cannot get my speedo to work.-B-
blackrams

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2004 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post
Gene's da Man!!

------------------
Ron

PFF
System Bot
2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2004 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
well got it a little better. droped the tank and found the black hose from the 4 cyl that connects the pump to the sender was ruptured. Replaced it with a pulsator. car starts good now but still falls on it's face when you gouge it. what could this be? no ses light .Did an idle learn. when the TPS is at bottom reading it comes out to be .54V. do I need to drop it down to .50? Also trying to get my VSS hooked up correct. coud this cause my stumble?thanx-B-

------------------
88 coupe 4.9 Izusu 5-speed Rockcrawl chip. True duels.No A/C . Built to run.

2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
bump

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock