88 suspension by jsmorter1
Started on: 06-28-2004 08:53 PM
Replies: 12
Last post by: 2-tone on 06-29-2004 09:33 PM
jsmorter1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorter1Send a Private Message to jsmorter1Direct Link to This Post
newbie here!!!!!!!!! Does the 88 4 cyl cars have the upgraded suspension or is that a V6 item only?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
silver86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver86seSend a Private Message to silver86seDirect Link to This Post
welcome, the design change was for all 88s regardless of powerplant...................
fiero-iwan

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero-iwanSend a Private Message to fiero-iwanDirect Link to This Post
Welcome from me also!

In 88 there were 3 models regardless of the engine. Coupe, Formula and GT

All 3 have the upgraded suspension but only the Formula and GT included a REAR swaybar in the package, not a real problem though as it can be added later to a coupe...

Maybe this is more info than you needed...

RickN

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RickNSend a Private Message to RickNDirect Link to This Post
The basic suspension geometry was upgraded for all '88 models. The WS6 suspension upgrades were only added to the GTs and the Formulas (springs, rear swaybar, bushings).

------------------
RickN
White 88GT 5spd - Grey Interior
White 85GT Auto - Grey Interior

bnmoats

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bnmoatsSend a Private Message to bnmoatsDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see another with and 88 four banger. Welcome to the forum.
jsmorter1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorter1Send a Private Message to jsmorter1Direct Link to This Post
Sorry to say I don't have one yet but am going to be buying one in the near future and all I can find are 4 cyl ones within 100 miles, I will be doning an engine swap and trans swap, does that make a difference in what i should buy? Is there any thing I should watch out for when looking at fieros in the salt laden lands of northern Ohio?
86GT3.4DOHC

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 306
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86GT3.4DOHCSend a Private Message to 86GT3.4DOHCDirect Link to This Post
Where are you in Ohio? Im in marion, 45 mins north of columbus.
Main thing is, if the battery box is still there, wyou're usualy in good shape. Check the upper frame rails in the rear wheel wells, and then the corners of the trunk, thats where they seem to rust first. If any of the above are bad, you need to really look it over.
Vonov

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to our happy brother (and sister) hood. Traveling may be worth your while if you're serious about getting a rust free car. Even as little as a hundred miles south can make a big difference in how much salt the car sees over its lifespan. There is no substitute for putting the car on a lift and looking at the nuts and bolts up close and personal. It may save money and heartache if you discover a car's beauty is indeed only skin deep.

------------------
88 Formula, "Asphalt Aviator"

For those who understand, no explanation is necessary, for those who do not, none will suffice...

[This message has been edited by Vonov (edited 06-28-2004).]

jsmorter1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2004 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsmorter1Send a Private Message to jsmorter1Direct Link to This Post
thank you for the info and the welcome, I am about 80 miles north of columbus right up 71.
Blue Rocket

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2004 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Blue RocketSend a Private Message to Blue RocketDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by bnmoats:

Glad to see another with and 88 four banger. Welcome to the forum.

they only made 13,000 so they are so rare.
shop_rat45

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2004 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shop_rat45Send a Private Message to shop_rat45Direct Link to This Post
Welcome!!! Glad to see new users.

Kris

------------------

PFF
System Bot
rvalmore

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2004 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rvalmoreSend a Private Message to rvalmoreDirect Link to This Post
I also glad to see another 88 Tech4 owner. Myself I am an 88 2.5 5spd red .Hope she brings you alot of fun.
2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2004 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
I also ha ve a 88 4cyl 5-speed coupe that was an air delete car. Just a note things are changin.........

got to love it

[This message has been edited by 2-tone (edited 06-29-2004).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock