4.9 question by Tytehead
Started on: 06-23-2004 09:10 AM
Replies: 18
Last post by: linenoise on 06-24-2004 11:26 PM
Tytehead

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TyteheadSend a Private Message to TyteheadDirect Link to This Post
What can someone expect to pay for a 4.9 liter caddy engine, transmission wiring harness and ECM. there is a fairly low mile one in a local salvage yard, all the above for $500.00. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks for any input.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jordangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JordangelSend a Private Message to JordangelDirect Link to This Post
Is it for sell?! I'll buy it for sure

Anyway I'll not use EFI on my 4.9 I'll buy an Holley Carbu

[This message has been edited by Jordangel (edited 06-23-2004).]

2-tone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2-toneSend a Private Message to 2-toneDirect Link to This Post
how many miles are on the engine/trans? What kind of shape was the car in? sounds very good to me if the car was totaled in the rear.
Tytehead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TyteheadSend a Private Message to TyteheadDirect Link to This Post
Damage to car was front and side. Could not tell mileage as odometer was digital. Engine did not appear to have any damage.
Elenor84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Elenor84Click Here to visit Elenor84's HomePageSend a Private Message to Elenor84Direct Link to This Post
It really all depends on where you live and if cadilac's are rare in scrapyards. Here in Alberta Canada cadilac's are rare. It was very difficult to find a low mile 4.9. So I paid for it. Probably around 1600$ American. This was offcourse everthing included except for transmition.
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
Here in florida I got mine from a wrecked 93 caddy that was hit in the back hard the place started it up for me and tested this motor monthly I got all the pfi stuff and dist except for the computer... This engine had 50k miles only and they cleaned it with a chemical when pulled and practally made the thing look brandnew They only charged me $500 bucks plus I gave the guy that cleaned it a $20dollar tip ( he did a very very nice job)

Turned around and sold all the pfi stuff on it for $100bucks so really I only paid $420 bucks for a 50mile engine.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I just won a smashed in the rear 91 cadillac with 92K for $560 on ebay. It has the 4.9L in it.
Tytehead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TyteheadSend a Private Message to TyteheadDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the info. Helps alot in making a decision.....now to come up with the cash.......
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

I just won a smashed in the rear 91 cadillac with 92K for $560 on ebay. It has the 4.9L in it.

I don't want to hear this.

For those who didn't know I'm the reason he paid $560 not $471 Seems we need to coordniate our ebay bids round here.

[This message has been edited by linenoise (edited 06-23-2004).]

jeffndebrus

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusDirect Link to This Post
I pulled mine myself at a local u pull it
I paid $225 out the door for a 1991 4.9/4t60e/and pcm with 91,000 miles.
I paid Rockcrawl to massage my chip-
I bought the wiring harness from Ed Parks-
Tytehead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TyteheadSend a Private Message to TyteheadDirect Link to This Post
jeffndebrus - if you don't mind me asking, how much was it for the wiring harness and chip work? Would like to know about how much more I am going to have to come up with to get this thing road worthy, as I am now having problems with my frame (rust).

Thanks to all for the info.

PFF
System Bot
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tytehead:

jeffndebrus - if you don't mind me asking, how much was it for the wiring harness and chip work? Would like to know about how much more I am going to have to come up with to get this thing road worthy, as I am now having problems with my frame (rust).

Thanks to all for the info.

If its your subframe.... I recommend replacing it specially if it looked like mine Leaving it be is very dangerous

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post06-24-2004 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Here is some info as to what you are looking for http://members.fortunecity.com/bubbajoexx/id202.htm
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
Lets see about mine. out of a 93 Eldo w/70k miles

Complete Motor to include all accessories except Alt. $250 Delievered
Sold
Distributor $50
FI parts $125
Subtotal -$175
Engine $250
Final outlay $75.00

It helps when you know the owner of the yard and the car is next in line to get crushed.

Tytehead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TyteheadSend a Private Message to TyteheadDirect Link to This Post
All this great information. Thank you to every oner who has replied...

Thanks for the link Master Tuner Akimoto....by the way you have a PM if you didn't get it already...

This is really appreciated.

Kelin

(edited due to my own stupidity!)

[This message has been edited by Tytehead (edited 06-24-2004).]

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tytehead:

What can someone expect to pay for a 4.9 liter caddy engine, transmission wiring harness and ECM. there is a fairly low mile one in a local salvage yard, all the above for $500.00. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks for any input.

If your not going to buy let me know. I found one in racine WI (445 miles from me and right now it looks like i may go haul it back 91 Eldorado with 92K dmg to left side. $600

jeffndebrus

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jeffndebrusSend a Private Message to jeffndebrusDirect Link to This Post
The chip work was $100-thanks Rockcrawl
The wiring harness $700 thanks Ed Parks
The mounts-$24.99ea thanks Autozone
The brackets--cheap-Thanks Earl and Kento
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by linenoise:

I don't want to hear this.

For those who didn't know I'm the reason he paid $560 not $471 Seems we need to coordniate our ebay bids round here.

Eh, it's no big deal I'm not mad about it. Picking it up saturday and I cant wait.

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 06-24-2004).]

linenoise

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2004 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

Eh, it's no big deal I'm not mad about it. Picking it up saturday and I cant wait.

ARGH. I found another In Racine Wi, 445 miles to it 92K $600

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock