Started on: 05-30-2004 09:30 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: cptsnoopy on 06-02-2004 04:34 AM
Capt Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
We did my engine on my car rebuilt and it slapper her in, in 2.5 days. While we had it apart we decided to throw in a new disk. The clutch was replaced about 6 months ago so everything was still new, but he just happend to have a few new disks on the shelf and offerd to toss one in on the deal. So we put it in.

The new motor is awesome. www.captfiero.com/newmotor but the clutch has some serious chatter. When I am trying to go around in heavy traffic it is almost impossible to take off smoothly, unless I rev the hell out of it and let the clutch out very slowly. I dont want to kill this thing. Is there anything I can do. Is there a chance that this will smooth out.

Side Notes.
The pressure plate and flywheel were clean and had no grooves.
They were both cleaned and the flywheel was de-glazzed with some sort of sand paper.

------------------
85GT 2.9 4spd MSD Everything, Big Cam and Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Don't forget that you have to break in the new clutch parts, so high revving the engine and dumping the clutch isn't a good idea. I would say to take it easy for the first 300 miles on the new clutch.
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
you might have gotten oil or grease on the disk
quikSIX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2004 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for quikSIXSend a Private Message to quikSIXDirect Link to This Post
when i got my new clutch and flywheel my clutch chattered for the first couple hundred miles then it stoped

hope this helps

------------------
86-2m6

cptsnoopy

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cptsnoopySend a Private Message to cptsnoopyDirect Link to This Post
i have only installed new clutch's on 3 cars in the last 20 years. they all chattered. i would really like to know from the experts what causes this. each time i got a new clutch, pressure plate and throw-out bearing. 2 out of 3 times i just cleaned the flywheel with solvent. the 3rd time i had the flywheel turned at the machine shop. i try to stay away from clutch's... lol

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock