2.5 performance cam anyone? by Anwar
Started on: 05-30-2004 12:14 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: T-top Fiero on 06-02-2004 12:00 AM
Anwar

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AnwarSend a Private Message to AnwarDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone put in the Fiero Store performance Cam Shaft for thier Duke? I want to replace my timing gears and I figure I may as well replace the camshaft too. I was wondering if the performance cam made a difference at all.

[This message has been edited by Anwar (edited 05-30-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
black Fiero SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for black Fiero SESend a Private Message to black Fiero SEDirect Link to This Post
I thought of putting the cam in however I think you have to drop the engine from the car. I don't know how complicated this would be to do but I think it would add some performance.
Electron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ElectronSend a Private Message to ElectronDirect Link to This Post
Any increase in lift and duration will increase power, but the attitude of the engine will also change. I don't think that cam is very radical so, you shouldn't have any of the problems associated with a large cam.

------------------
If it don't fit force it. If it Breaks it needed replacing anyway!!

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2004 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Before you even think about changing cams.... make sure what one you have now. Trying to change from roller to flat tappet or viseversa has caused problems for people. The lifter oil holes are apparently positioned differently for the different lifter setups.

Don't put a new cam in old bearings. You need the propper tools to install cam bearings or you will very likely have problems.

------------------
The only thing George Orwell got wrong was the year.

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

Anwar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2004 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnwarSend a Private Message to AnwarDirect Link to This Post
Hmmph!,
No new cam with old bearings.....That means dropping the engine. May as well swap to a V6. The stock Fiero V6 gets better Hp than a Duke can hope for. Plus it can be built up for more. It looks better too.
Buzzfish

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2004 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BuzzfishSend a Private Message to BuzzfishDirect Link to This Post
I'm rebuilding my engine now and putting the fierostore cam in. I'll let you know how it is when I finally get done with this project.
Anwar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2004 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AnwarSend a Private Message to AnwarDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I am considering getting a reconditioned Duke and putting the Cam in as well as the port and polish and the bigger TBI. It will still be a stock 84 in theory.
donk316

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post06-01-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
HUH??? Since when do you have to change cam bearings when you switch cams?? Thats news to me and 1 million other engine builders.

------------------
Calgary - August 1, 2004 Fiero Fiesta

*ALL THROTTLE AND NO BOTTLE*

T-top Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2004 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for T-top FieroSend a Private Message to T-top FieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by donk316:

HUH??? Since when do you have to change cam bearings when you switch cams?? Thats news to me and 1 million other engine builders.

I was thinking the same thing.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock