4.9 in 88 Measurements??? by Cplensdorf
Started on: 05-25-2004 04:11 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: HarryG on 05-28-2004 03:24 PM
Cplensdorf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2004 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CplensdorfClick Here to visit Cplensdorf's HomePageSend a Private Message to CplensdorfDirect Link to This Post
I asked this once before, but I think I buried it in another thread....

Does anyone have any quick out-of-car measurments that I can use to verify the placement of my 4.9/4T60 on an 88 cradle?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cplensdorf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CplensdorfClick Here to visit Cplensdorf's HomePageSend a Private Message to CplensdorfDirect Link to This Post
bmp
Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
What measurements do you need? My 4.9 is currently out of the car for an Allante Intake upgrade, so I can make some measurements for you.

Joe Sokol
85 SE 5 Speed 2.8 V6
88 Formula/Gt 5 Speed 4.9 Caddy

Cplensdorf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CplensdorfClick Here to visit Cplensdorf's HomePageSend a Private Message to CplensdorfDirect Link to This Post
I would really love to get:

1. Measurement from side trans pan to frame rail on drivers side of car at ouput shaft centerline.

2. Measurement from trans output shaft seal on passenger side (mounting bolts) to inside edge of passenger spindle. My half shaft seems awefully short.

3. Center of bolt on balancer on front of engine to center of rear cradle mounting hole on passenger side.

4. Measurement between bottom of balancer and frame (clearance) at shortest point.

5. Measurement from centerline of third bolt of front trans mount to top of frame rail directly beneath it...the bolt I am referring to can be seen in this photo...it is the one closest to the passenger side and has the slotted hole in the bracket...I need to check the height of the trans at this mount...so any measurements here would be nice....

Fieroking

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierokingClick Here to visit Fieroking's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierokingDirect Link to This Post
IS your's an automatic? Mine is a 5 Speed manual! If it is I may not be able to give any good measurements.

Joe Sokol
85 SE 5 Speed 2.8 V6
88 Formula/GT 5 Speed 4.9 Caddy (undergoing Allante Upgrade)

Cplensdorf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2004 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CplensdorfClick Here to visit Cplensdorf's HomePageSend a Private Message to CplensdorfDirect Link to This Post
Auto...BUT can you still give me a few measurements that locate the engine?
HarryG

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2004 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryGSend a Private Message to HarryGDirect Link to This Post
For what it's worth, I seem to remember that Archie uses 16-3/8" for the balancer bolt center to cradle bolt center dimension for the SBC. I think this will duplicate the crankshaft centerline position of the original engine.
Cplensdorf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CplensdorfClick Here to visit Cplensdorf's HomePageSend a Private Message to CplensdorfDirect Link to This Post
Not sure if 16-3/8 is right....Mine is like 19.125" and sits pretty square to the frame with the stock mounts on the trans.....can you verify this number?
HarryG

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2004 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HarryGSend a Private Message to HarryGDirect Link to This Post
Thought I'd seen that here in one of the SBC swap threads... I'll look some more and if I find it, post it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock