88 Headlight Rebuild by 88red4cyl
Started on: 05-11-2004 10:50 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: 2000RagTop on 05-12-2004 11:17 AM
88red4cyl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88red4cylSend a Private Message to 88red4cylDirect Link to This Post
Hey all. Tonight my driver side headlight failed to come all the way up when I turned (it bounced up and down for a few seconds and then settled on half way up). When I shut if off, it started whurring after it got down. That means that the bushing just went out right? I'm new to these headlights, so I don't really know, but I think that's what it is. I've looked at the Rodney Dickman rebuild kit: http://rodneydickman.com/n21.html , but I don't know what I need to get. Would this be the best place to buy them? Thanks for any help, Will
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
2000RagTop

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post
get the rebuild kit from Rodney......do both sides while your at it.
should take about an hou and a half to do both....."straight forward"

Good Luck,
Michael

------------------

88GT/Auto/Beechwood Leather/SunRoof/Wing/Sub-Woofer/w-EQ/225/45/17 Michelin Pilots/All Opts Ex.T-Tops

<<< <<< <<< <<< < Pix of my GT /-
-/ Pix of my Vettes> >>> >>> >>> >>>
*** *** *** *** *** * "If you appreciate my contribution,..please rate me, Thanks"* *** *** *** *** ***

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post05-11-2004 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Dickman is as good a guy to get it from as anyone. They're really easy to install as well.

JazzMan

88red4cyl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2004 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88red4cylSend a Private Message to 88red4cylDirect Link to This Post
The "whurring" means the motor still works, and I just need those bushings, right? Has anyone here used it, and is it a good product? Thanks again, Will. P.S. +'s all around.
2000RagTop

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2004 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88red4cyl:

The "whurring" means the motor still works, and I just need those bushings, right? Has anyone here used it, and is it a good product? Thanks again, Will. P.S. +'s all around.

Simple install....they come with instructions . Yes, They work!

-Michael

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock