Interior swap? by quasi
Started on: 04-27-2004 03:30 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: mrfixit58 on 04-29-2004 02:29 PM
quasi

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for quasiSend a Private Message to quasiDirect Link to This Post
I've just bought a 88 fiero formula, the interior in it isnt all it could be... grey, torn and boring, remind me of a old sierra I once had.

I'm thinking tear it all out and replace it!

seats, matts, panels, gauges, dashboard, pedals, shifter etc...

anyone got any good links where I can get replacement items. The car is black so I guess most colors will work out,
style of the interior? I'm thinking 2004... futeristic would be cool aswell. I like most colors, but I'm thinking black and then breaking it off with something like blue or red.
I like silver and metal aswell.

I could go for a custom dashboard, one abit more modern, only request is that it's easy to install.

Anyone got any good links?

I live in sweden so from any who easily ships there would be great! (without insane handling fees)

I also need new backgrounds for the gauges, the original one are in mph and we use km.
I've seen some white ones that looked cool, but that was awhile ago and I forget where. Links for that aswell would be great...

I checked out Mr Mikes leather, but those goes over original seats, are there any other seats that easely fits aswell?

Suggestions and inspiration of interior swaps wanted.

if you got any other modification sites and resellers please post links of those aswell!
thanks!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum. There are many here who have done or are attempting to do interior conversion. The most popular right now is installing the dash from a 93-2002 Pontiac Firebird, as I have done. For more info, type in "Firebird dash" in the "search" function and enjoy hours of reading. You can also check out the link in my signiture for information on my and jscott1's Firebird interior swap. I will have to comment on something you mentioned: "I could go for a custom dashboard, one abit more modern, only request is that it's easy to install.". To the best on my knowledge, no interior swap, other than stock, could be classified as "easy to install". But, the end result of the hard work is very gratifing.

Again, welcome to the forum,

------------------
Roy

double-click on this link to follow my interior build-up https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/023174.html

Blue 87 GT w/ 4th generation Firebird interior.
Suncoast Fieros

Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 20th Anniversary Show @ Pontiac, Mich - 7/2003
Judged "Best Custom Interior" at the 8th Annual Fiero Fun Weekend @ Daytona - 3/2004

quasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for quasiSend a Private Message to quasiDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I bought my fiero yesterday, and was shocked that a car that went out of production 16 years ago have such a massive support, not just by drivers but also
by part vendors. A forum like this is excellent!

a firebird dash don't look that bad... as it turns out my father owns a firebird...
Would like to see the look of his face when he get to the garage and notice I've pinched it... hehe

The post was abit long for me, do you have personal homepages with a step by step guide of what you need to do to make the modification, costs and time involved?

How long does it take to swap the dash and doors? I work alot, dont have alot of free time, and to tell the truth, I'm not that handy!

quasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for quasiSend a Private Message to quasiDirect Link to This Post
bumping this one up.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2004 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Check out the link in Roy's sig. There's a lot of info there. Here is the link to Jscott's site: http://home.houston.rr.com/jonm/Firebird-1.htm

And just to plug myself, here is a 2K1 Grand Am swap that's still in progress:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/043545.html

Good luck with your ride.

Bob

bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceDirect Link to This Post
hey mrfixit58, what did you get those door panels out of in your signature, mine are pretty shot, and i thought about rebuilding them, but yours look sweet, any fabrication needed?

dan

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Dan: Speaking for Roy (Mrfixit), those are Firebird door panels. And yes, there is a bit of fabrication. Roy also recovered them himself.
mrfixit58

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 113
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2004 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfixit58Send a Private Message to mrfixit58Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Dan: Speaking for Roy (Mrfixit), those are Firebird door panels. And yes, there is a bit of fabrication. Roy also recovered them himself.

Actually, they are Fiero door panels modified to LOOK like the Firebirds. The arm rests, switches, latch pocket and handles are Firebird. The Fiero door panel was stripped of the vinyl and carpet, flattened by cutting out all the contours and fiberglassing the back, and then covered with layers of foam and vinyl. The door panels were one of the hardest things to create.

Roy

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock