3.1 reman. on ebay! Will these work? by jnsnet
Started on: 04-23-2004 12:39 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Raydar on 04-24-2004 02:02 AM
jnsnet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2004 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jnsnetSend a Private Message to jnsnetDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2004 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Hard to tell from the picture, but it appears that's the iron head version. If it is then all the Fiero stuff will boltup, but it will have less power than the stock Fiero 2.8 I'm betting. The Fiero has the most compression and most aggressive cam of all the 2.8 motors.

JazzMan

jnsnet

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2004 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jnsnetSend a Private Message to jnsnetDirect Link to This Post
I'm guess that due to the heads, if you were to replace the heads with the 2.8s would that make a difference?
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2004 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
My understanding is that the 3.1 heads are the large-valve heads as used on the Fiero L44 motor, but I don't know that for sure.

Might want to root around here and see what you can find: http://www.60degreev6.com/

JazzMan

NYfastback

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NYfastbackClick Here to visit NYfastback's HomePageSend a Private Message to NYfastbackDirect Link to This Post
Don't take my word, but the fiero heads will NOT go on.
Why I cannot remember. I think they hit pistin

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2004 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

Hard to tell from the picture, but it appears that's the iron head version.

The one in the pic definitely looks like the iron head version. (Says in the ad that the pic may not be the exact item for sale.)
The early Lumina engine has aluminum heads, though. None of the Fiero stuff will bolt up.

If you get a 3.1, look for the early 3.1 minivan motor with iron heads. I'm *still* not sure if the minivans had the big valves like the Fiero, though. The 3.1 Camaro motor has the right heads, but the starter is in the wrong place. The block will have to be drilled to relocate it. (Not a real big deal.)

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe...........

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

Read Nealz Nuze!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave