91 4.9 vs. 92 4.9 Is one better? by windsweptfiero
Started on: 04-22-2004 09:40 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: 86fieroEarl on 04-23-2004 10:37 AM
windsweptfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for windsweptfieroSend a Private Message to windsweptfieroDirect Link to This Post
I found two 4.9s,both the same price,one is a 91 with 131K and the other is a 92 with 185K I know the lower milage is better but is there any differance in years?
There is also a 95 there but they cant verify that it runs...it has 102K and is quite a bit cheaper.
What would you do?

------------------
GOD,Family and Cars...And in that order...

1985 Fiero SE to GTish work in progress.
http://members.cardomain.com/windsweptfiero

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kento

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KentoSend a Private Message to KentoDirect Link to This Post
91 that runs with 131k

------------------

http://home.cfl.rr.com/fierose
Central Florida Fieroshttp://www.centralfloridafieros.org

windsweptfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for windsweptfieroSend a Private Message to windsweptfieroDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good..so there must not be much difference between the two?
Any idea on the horse power and torque that these put out?
How about after market performance parts?
Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
The 4.9 puts out about 200 horse and 275 Torque. There really aren't any aftermarket parts available for that motor, but most people who use it will tell you that it doesn't need aftermarket parts. The "fun factor" is there right out of the box. But you will need your computer modded, which will give you around 10-15 horse and the same for torque.

Bottom line, Cheap V-8 power and sound, can't hardly be beat by anything on the street in the "stop light drags" I personally would have a 4.9 in my 88, but I found a turbo car and bought that instead, which is a ton of fun.

Eric

------------------

Used is such a harsh term. . . I perfer "Previously obsessed over" ;)

88 4 cyl 5 speed: All show and no go
86 SE V-6 Turbo 4 speed: All go and no show

collinwestphal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2004 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for collinwestphalSend a Private Message to collinwestphalDirect Link to This Post
get the 91' for the mileage, and its probably a deville right? they have a better crossover pipe to work with. I dont know about that 10-15 hp and torque with computer mods. I dont think your gonna get that. you dont need it. these puppies MOVE
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2004 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Racingman24 you have not driven a 4.9 to make that broad statement that it will hardly beat anything on the road from light to light because that is the strongpoint of the engine the off the line torque it developes.Even in stock form it will hold it's own with the best of turbo cars out there unless the motor is dead tired .
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2004 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

Racingman24 you have not driven a 4.9 to make that broad statement that it will hardly beat anything on the road from light to light because that is the strongpoint of the engine the off the line torque it developes.Even in stock form it will hold it's own with the best of turbo cars out there unless the motor is dead tired .

re-read Eric's post.

Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post04-23-2004 02:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Just did sleepy at this time of the morning .

[This message has been edited by Master Tuner Akimoto (edited 04-23-2004).]

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2004 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Master Tuner Akimoto:

Just did sleepy at this time of the morning .

I know dude, when I first read his post, i thought the same as you. i had to re-read it several times myself.
86fieroEarl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2004 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fieroEarlSend a Private Message to 86fieroEarlDirect Link to This Post
lower mile engine is the best just because the higher milege motor is a year younger doesn't make it better.... It only proves the 92 was driven alot further then the 91

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock