Started on: 04-11-2004 11:55 AM
Replies: 11
Last post by: Ales on 04-13-2004 11:19 AM
watts

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
Didn't want to/couldn't mention it before (would have spoiled a surprise), but... my car is alive and kicking with a KFG turbo on it (oh yeah, and Mr Mikes leather too).

Pretty much bolted on - drove. Went fast. No problems. No tickets.

Using a Mallory 685 box with 2 bar MAP for boost retard. Mallory 4305M external rising rate regulator for fuel management.

Still has a few things to iron out, but it goes. Already spanked a few VERY unsuspecting people. Shoulda seen the look on the guys face riding the Yamaha RZ350.

edit: Totally forgot the requisite PIC!

------------------
87/88 V6 5spd "FormulaGT"

My pages: http://www.fieroclub.com

http://www.fierohut.com

[This message has been edited by watts (edited 04-12-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
timmer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timmerSend a Private Message to timmerDirect Link to This Post
i filmed a lil of it watts so this week when i get to capt fiero's house and d/l the film off my dig camcorder we can all see it man talk about nice and clean a huge plus for you watts
OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroDirect Link to This Post
Nice work you are doing with your website. I wonder how much HP or torque are you running with the Turbo setup? Say about 225, and are you ever going to try for 10 lbs of boost. I would like to see if someone would try to boost a 2.8 V6 up to 300 hp like Steve Hamm has done, but no-one can get ahold of him and find out what he has done to get those numbers.

Keep up the good work.

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
2.8 Turbo's sure are fun, ain't they? I have a nice little sleeper myself. 86 SE turbo, all stock except the turbo. 7 inches of wheels gap stock 14 in wheels, and an awful luggage rack. BUT, that luggage rack makes for a nice little sleeper effect. I mean, who wants to get beat by a Fiero in the first place, much less one with a luggage rack.

Eric

------------------

Used is such a harsh term. . . I perfer "Previously obsessed over" ;)

88 4 cyl 5 speed: All show and no go
86 SE V-6 Turbo 4 speed: All go and no show

nitro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroClick Here to visit nitro's HomePageSend a Private Message to nitroDirect Link to This Post
I know everyone does engine swaps/mods to their engines for their own reasons and not just for quarter-mile et/ 0-60 times, but if you ever run your car I'd be interested to hear what it runs.

------------------
- Kyle

Fiero Quarter Mile Database
Fiero Image Gallery

Racingman24

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Racingman24Click Here to visit Racingman24's HomePageSend a Private Message to Racingman24Direct Link to This Post
I know that I will be running mine on a dyno May 22nd. But as far as 1/4 times, I don't know when I will make it one of them, but I will let you know when I do.
watts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitro:
I know everyone does engine swaps/mods to their engines for their own reasons and not just for quarter-mile et/ 0-60 times

I did it soley for economy, & safety in passing and freeway merging.

Uh huh! Really!

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
watts, off topic here, but do u sell a copper headgasket for the 3.4 block as well?? I tried www.headgasket.com but they dont have the pattern on file.

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 04-11-2004).]

watts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:
watts, off topic here, but do u sell a copper headgasket for the 3.4 block as well??

Which 3.4? TDC or pushrod?

Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
pushrod, its different from the 2.8.

more specifically, a 3400 block running 2.8 iron heads.

[This message has been edited by Jncomutt (edited 04-12-2004).]

Ales

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2004 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlesSend a Private Message to AlesDirect Link to This Post
Hi Jncomutt,

I answered this cuestion for you in your other thread "GM vs FelPro Head gasket... ", but I think you missed it, here it goes again, enjoy:

Fel-pro makes performance gaskets for the GM 2.8 and 3.4 v6, they have a precompressed cooper ring around the cylinders to work as an o-ringed engine, about $40 each. you aint going to blow this headgaskets away, these are especially made for boosted engines, but if something goes wrong with your setup, instead of blowing the gasket you will be blowing the engine away. I dont have the part number for this gasket, but I do know that SCCA FIERO is using them, he probably can post the part numbers in here, Im also interested.

About the copper head gasket, if you want them, RedOctober sells them and he has them in different thickness - .030",.043",.050" and .062". $169 per pair of the .043" thick gasket (roughly same as stock), take a look at the info in his site, I think he sells them cheapper than headgasket.com :

http://members.shaw.ca/turbofiero/copper_head_gaskets.htm

Have Fun ...
Ales

[This message has been edited by Ales (edited 04-12-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Ales

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2004 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlesSend a Private Message to AlesDirect Link to This Post
Hi watts,

Have you got any info on the HP gains and/or 1/4 mile times with this turbo kit in your car ???

BTW Congratulations

Thanks...
Ales

[This message has been edited by Ales (edited 04-13-2004).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock