Started on: 02-11-2004 11:41 PM
Replies: 18
Last post by: NY_FIERO on 04-27-2004 02:19 PM
Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2004 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post
anyone know anything about this company or this particular body kit? Looks interesting, and reasonable priced.
http://www.geocities.com/sflahunk/

Russ Camp

------------------
86 SE350 x 4 speed (my way)
86 SE2.8 x 4 speed (all-option restored)
88 coupe x 5 speed (future IMSA 4.3L project)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
normsf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2004 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for normsfClick Here to visit normsf's HomePageSend a Private Message to normsfDirect Link to This Post
Hello, Remember youre looking at a convertible which is nice, but how much extra for that plus the labor involved. thanks Norm

------------------
Norm Vandermee

Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by normsf:

Hello, Remember youre looking at a convertible which is nice, but how much extra for that plus the labor involved. thanks Norm

Actually it doesn't appear that a top was even concidered in the kit. Looks like a summer only car to me

Russ

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post
I dig the front fascia!! Looks very NSX'ish.
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
Just to be the naysayer...

a. you get what you pay for.
b. the pics (only 2??) are low quality
c. geocities website??
d. Make payments to Quick Close investments??

Sorry.. looks just a wee bit shady..

Exotic Rida

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
User Banned

Report this Post02-12-2004 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Exotic RidaSend a Private Message to Exotic RidaDirect Link to This Post
dude that is photoshopped cant you see???????

front is a acura NSX
side is a dodge viper and the rear tail lights are a toyota supra!!!!!!!!!!!

dont get it, its a scam keep your money

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Fake or not, it looks interesting. It does look like a roadster (ie no top). I sent an email to the guy, maybe he'll answer.

Hi there.
I came across pics of the body kit you are offering, and find it very exciting. I've been looking at Ferrari style kits for a while but this one is unique. I was wondering if you had more detailed pics and information on it. What would shipping cost to ship the kit to a business in Troy Michigan (48083)?

thanx for the time

Bob Rabine

I'll post if he answers back.

Bob

cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
I sure wouldn't trust that website.

------------------

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
And his address is a P.O. Box.

Truthfully, I'm a bit leery of buying any big ticket car stuff from Florida companies, unless I know and trust the persons behind the company, or someone close to the company. Florida laws make it very difficult to pursue scammers. I understand that even if you sue and win, their homes and much of their property are protected from legal judgements. I believe there are some other provisions, too.

I woldn't touch that "kit" with a ten foot pole. Just MHO, of course.

------------------
Raydar
88 3.4 coupe.

Coming soon...
88 Formula, presently under the knife.

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure you guys are correct about this, but I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. If anything, we might get better pics out of him. It's not like I was going to buy one anyway.
jayguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jayguyClick Here to visit jayguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to jayguyDirect Link to This Post
I noticed the NSX frontend right away, and the Supra tail lights. The side scoops look more like those on a K-1 Attack <http://www.k1-styling.sk> than anything else. It does look like 3 different cars put together, the lower body lines don't flow that well front to back IMO. I would be interested in some better pictures, though. I'd really like to see it in person, but Seattle is a long way from Florida.

Jay
'87Fiero SE V6 5sp
'94 Ducati M900
'01 Toyota S-Runner

PFF
System Bot
Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
One more note.. the shadows don't really look right.
Looks like they really masked out the lower portion of the car, and in the first pic almost looks like they are going in the opposite direction of the ones on the trees..
I'm sure one of our resident photoshop experts will have a better opinion, but....
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Here's more tinder for the flame. I recieved a quick responce to my email:

Hey Bob..There arent anymore pics because only one was ever built(sold for $23k to a S African guy),and that was 7 years ago.I changed careers before giving kit sales a chance..I decided to revive the project because of all the positive response i was getting from friends..I would guess shipping at around $500 or less..maybe we could work a deal with using your car as a demo and getting lots of quality pics and i would take care of your shipping costs..I am just trying to get the car "out there".Please order in advance to get on the list and allow 2 1/2 weeks for fabrication..Looking foward to doing business with you..Bruce Gorman

Hmmm...You be the judge.

I think I'll ask Powerhouse to look into this.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 02-12-2004).]

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
wow, once you look at it real good you can tell that its a photoshop job. i think its been 7 years since he tried to scam someone.

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk
www.XoticRydz.tk

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Posted by Powerhouse at Ari's Kitcar Forum:

I spoke with Bruce today regarding the kit. Please be patient and this story will come full circle very soon. For the time being I have expressed a desire to look into the product with a possibility to promote and represent the kit. As of today, I would not nor would I advise anyone to send the money with out more in-depth research.

I have explained to him my need to see much more on the car, kit components as well as photos. I have a possible business meeting in Florida shortly, If time permits it I will try and make a visit to the "facilities".

For those that don't know, Powerhouse is a broker. He acts as a middle man to ensure that the kitcar public isn't ripped off. Here's his site: http://www.powerhousesports.net/

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 02-13-2004).]

marcustre

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 09:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for marcustreClick Here to visit marcustre's HomePageSend a Private Message to marcustreDirect Link to This Post
actually it is a real car. I saw it in a kit car classified ad awhile back.....4 pics it said it was a one off though. this might be a scam but the car is real.
I have the pics if anyone wants them.....I wanted it but the guy was asking 7500 for it.

marcus

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I have seen other pictures of this car before....so I guess it is real but I remember the kit didn't look really perfect finished to me.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GTR in progress
1969 Chevy Suburban

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Bringing this one back from the dead:

There is a Cativa for sale on Ebay right now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7251&item=2476078408&rd=1

And a few pics:

and:

NY_FIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2004 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NY_FIEROClick Here to visit NY_FIERO's HomePageSend a Private Message to NY_FIERODirect Link to This Post
Wow it did exixt that whole time...
I kinda like it...

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock