Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  I got my PalmPilot connected to my Fiero ECM (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
I got my PalmPilot connected to my Fiero ECM by utahfiero
Started on: 11-11-2002 04:25 PM
Replies: 78
Last post by: mize on 06-23-2004 09:29 PM
utahfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2002 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
I got an ALDL to serial cable for my fiero from Oliver. I was able to hook my laptop up to it, which is cool. Even cooler, I wrote the Palm software so I could connect my Palm IIIxe to my fiero and see the ECM data while I was driving displayed on the palm screen.

more details are on my webpage (as well as the palm app) http://www.mindspring.com/~martinwhite/fiero

Martin D. White

------------------
Martin D. White
86.5 GT 3.4 pushrod (dual TB intake in the works) on 88 cradle (2.5" coilovers), gt-40 style hood vent, recessed lights, GA brakes on held drop spindles. 2610 lbs and on diet...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroman_5000

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2002 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman_5000Send a Private Message to fieroman_5000Direct Link to This Post
You got ur palm for $50...damn

cool little tool. Nice work!

Fieroman

------------------
~ Shane
AIM: fieroman500

Love it, admire it....tear it apart!

Nashco

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 74
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2002 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NashcoClick Here to visit Nashco's HomePageSend a Private Message to NashcoDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! I was searching the net a ton about a year ago to find software to monitor the aldl. I never could find something, so I'm glad somebody created it...I really admire that "can do" attitude!

Just out of curiosity, how often does the aldl data refresh on the palm display?

Now, if I could just figure out how I can afford a palm...

Bryce
88 GT

utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2002 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
The data on the Palm Display refreshes about once every 1-1.5 seconds. That is the same refresh as when using my laptop to log the data to a file with timestamps. (The logged data, with timestamps, from the laptop can be downloaded from my webpage, if you want to get a more accurate average for refresh rate.)

Martin D. White

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2002 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
So just how long of a trip could you record with the limited memory of the Palm?

Also, have you considered writing a program that requires a simplier cable like the winaldl program?

------------------

utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2002 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
The current palm program does not record data, it just displays it. I will record data in the next version. The data files I have recored with my laptop are about 50k for a 25 min drive. That means the palm with 8000k should be able to hold (at most) 65 hours of driving data. My Palm has a little over 2000k free, so that is about 16 hours of driving data. I think the batteries will die long before the memory fills up.

Martin D. White

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2002 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you already did this...

you might want to set the program so it will time mark when a specific button is pressed. This way, hopefully, you can see what led up to a problem more easily. I say hopefully because the ODB1 ECM data streams aren't all that fast, certainly not real time. Easy to miss a really short event. (All ODB1 scanners update at the 1-1.5 sec rate. that's apparently as fast as the ECM feeds out.)

Even new palms aren't all that expensive if you've got other uses for them. I seem to remember Palm just price dropped them again.

------------------
11-Sept-01, The day the world as we knew it ended.

utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2002 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
Used Palms on ebay are very reasonable. That is where I got my last 3 Palms.

Martin D. White

Erockrocket

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2002 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErockrocketSend a Private Message to ErockrocketDirect Link to This Post
I tried using a Fujitsu Stylist notebook PC. It worked great. Mounted it above radio/air controls. Looked cool. Had to get rid of it. Work computer. While I had it I recorded a few trips. !50 Miles one day to southern ohio and back. Wish I had more of a use for it. It did work very good for playing MP3 files as a jukebox.. my two cents.
edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2002 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
I use a Handspring Visor Deluxe, which I got refurbished a year ago for $99. At the time, it was a $200 PDA new, so I saved myself $100...and you would not know it to look at the thing. Handspring's site warns that remanufactured units may have slight damage (scratches or blemishes) but mine was just as pretty as if I'd bought it from Best Buy or somewhere....

utahfiero, thanks for writing the program! I've been wanting something like this, but I suck at programming. I look forward to a data-logging version. The only problem is, it doesn't seem to work with my Handspring. It seems to me that it ought to--the Handspring uses Palm OS version 3--but I get an "invalid file" when I try to sync it into the PDA. Hm.

Ed

FieroRumor

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 348
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2002 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroRumorClick Here to visit FieroRumor's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroRumorDirect Link to This Post
-

[This message has been edited by FieroRumor (edited 04-24-2003).]

PFF
System Bot
utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2002 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
edhering,

I will try to find a handspring and try it out. If you can give me the exact text of the error message I might be able to fix it.

Martin D. White

hajii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2002 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hajiiSend a Private Message to hajiiDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroRumor:

*Disrupts the topic*

I gots me a Palm V sitting inna box around here somewheres..I'll let it go fer like 25 bucks if you'd like it...
PM me, bay-beeee!
-FR

*Topic resumes at this point*

YGPM

edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2002 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by utahfiero:

edhering,

I will try to find a handspring and try it out. If you can give me the exact text of the error message I might be able to fix it.

Martin D. White

Thanks! Here's the message from the HotSync log:

HotSync operation started 11/12/02 00:50:17
- Invalid handheld file deleted: C:\Program Files\Handspring\HeringE\Install\PalmALDL.prc
OK Install with 1 message(s)
[there was more here, but I removed a bunch of stuff non-related to this issue]
HotSync operation complete 11/12/02 00:50:20

Unfortunately, that's the bulk of what I can tell you about this--and that error message doesn't give a heck of a lot of detail on _why_ it was an invalid file.

In short, I have no idea why the hey this didn't work. I've downloaded a ton of other Palm OS files from the internet and installed them on my Handspring without trouble. What version of the Palm OS does your IIIxe run?

According to "Info", my Handspring runs "Palm OS Software v. 3.1H3" (that's a verbatim quote). I have nearly 6 meg free on the thing, so I know memory isn't an issue.

Thanks again!

Ed

pinkyflyd

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2002 03:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pinkyflydClick Here to visit pinkyflyd's HomePageSend a Private Message to pinkyflydDirect Link to This Post
Nice work Martin!

------------------
86 Fiero SE V6 4 spd
Black, mods soon to come.

utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2002 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
I just swapped the PalmALDL.prc (palm application) on my webpage for one that will record the data as you drive. To get the recorded data do a backup fo the palm and in the backed up files find the file named ALDLDATA.pdb. Open it with any text editor (notepad.exe) and it will be a readable form of the recorded data.

The disable auto off function is also now implemented.

Martin D. White

Wrench

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2002 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WrenchSend a Private Message to WrenchDirect Link to This Post
I am a bit behind the "power curve" on this one...... where do I get the "cable".
Thanks
utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2002 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
http://home.t-online.de/home/O_Scholz/fieroidx.html under the scantools section then the ScanConverter (ALDL interface for PC/Mac).

Oliver will sell them pre-made and tested for $75.

It is well worth it.

Martin D. White

------------------
Martin D. White
86.5 GT 3.4 pushrod (dual TB intake in the works) on 88 cradle (2.5" coilovers), gt-40 style hood vent, recessed lights, GA brakes on held drop spindles. 2610 lbs and on diet...

HummelHund

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2002 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HummelHundSend a Private Message to HummelHundDirect Link to This Post
This may be a stupid question, but you'll have to bear with me. What exactly does the Palm tell you? Codes, I suppose, but what else? My father just fixed a Palm IIIx for me (cracker digitizer), so I've got part of the kit...

------------------

87' Fiero GT 5-spd
84' Fiero SE 2m4 4-spd SOLD

utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2002 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
If you look at the datafile logged from the ECM to my laptop you will see the information. The same information is displayed on the Palm (and recorded with the latest version).

For the v6 they are:

"CLT" /* Engine Coolant (in degrees Centigrade, -40..152), */,
"MAT" /* Manifold Air Temperature (in degrees Centigrade, -63..159), */,
"TPS" /* Throttle Position Sensor (in Volts, 0-5.1), */,
"MAP" /* Manifold Air Pressure (in Volts, 0-5.1), */,
"VSS" /* Vehicle Speed Sensor (in MPH, 0-255), */,
"RPM" /* RPM (0-6375), */,
"BAT" /* Battery Voltage (in Volts, 0-25.5), */,
"IAC" /* Idle Air Control Valve (in steps, 0-255), */,
"EGR DC" /* EGR Valve Duty Cycle (in percent, 0-100), */,
"O2" /* O2 Sensor (in Volts, 0-1.127), */,
"INT" /* Integrator (0-255), */,
"O2CNT" /* O2 Crosscounts (0-255), */,
"BLM" /* Block Learn Multiplier (0-255), */,
"ADV" /* Spark Advance (in degrees Offset, 0-90.0 measured from some base timing), */,
"BPW" /* Base Pulse Width (in ms, 0-1000.0) */,
"Loop" /* Loop Status (0=open, 1=closed) */,
"EGR Sw" /* EGR Diagnostic Switch (0=open, 1=closed) */,
"TCC" /* TCC/Shift (0=off, 1=on) */,
"Mixt." /* Mixture Status (0=lean, 1=rich) */,
"P/N" /* P/N Switch (0=off, 1=on) */,
"AC Req" /* A/C Request (0=yes, 1=no) */,
"AC Clu" /* A/C Clutch (0=off, 1=on) */,

For the 4 cylinder they are:
"CLT" /* Engine Coolant (in degrees Centigrade, -63..159),*/,
"TPS" /* Throttle Position Sensor (in Volts, 0-5.1),*/,
"MAP" /* Manifold Air Pressure (in Volts, 0-5.1),*/,
"VSS" /* Vehicle Speed Sensor (in MPH, 0-255),*/,
"RPM" /* RPM (0-6375),*/,
"BAT" /* Battery Voltage (in Volts, 0-25.5),*/,
"IAC" /* Idle Air Control Valve (in steps, 0-255),*/,
"O2" /* O2 Sensor (in Volts, 0-1.127),*/,
"INT" /* Integrator (0-255),*/,
"O2CNT" /* O2 Crosscounts (0-255),*/,
"BLM" /* Block Learn Multiplier (0-255),*/,
"Loop" /* Loop Status (0=open, 1=closed)*/,
"TCC" /* TCC/Shift (0=off, 1=on)*/,
"Mixt." /* Mixture Status (0=lean, 1=rich)*/,
"P/N" /* P/N Switch (0=off, 1=on)*/,
"AC Req" /* A/C Request (0=yes, 1=no)*/,
"AC Clu" /* A/C Clutch (0=off, 1=on)*/,
"Fan" /* Fan Relay (0=off, 1=on)*/,

All displayed once every 1-1.5 seconds.

It will also show the error code when the scanconverter is in errorcode mode.

Martin D. White

Art Doyle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2002 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Art DoyleSend a Private Message to Art DoyleDirect Link to This Post
This is good news! While I already have an OBDII palm setup - the Fiero always required a laptop.

Thank you!

PFF
System Bot
edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2002 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Utahfiero, did you use CodeWarrior Lite to generate your ALDL program? 'Cause I just read this in the CodeWarrior Lite "Getting Started" file:

"CodeWarrior Lite is provided only for evaluation purposes--it cannot be used to make redistributable applications."

If this is so, that would explain why my Handspring can't run the program!

Ed

Daniel87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-25-2002 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daniel87GTSend a Private Message to Daniel87GTDirect Link to This Post
Did you start with the source code to WinALDL? Or did you write the whole thing from scratch?
utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2002 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
I did not use codewarrior. I used the free gnu tools to write the program. I did not start with the WinALDL code. I started with a very simple hello world palm sample. The license on the tools and the sample both allow distribution.

I am in europe for the next couple weeks and I will look at the handspring loading problem when I get back in the good old USA.

Martin D. White

edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 02:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
Okay, here's my update on this.

I just managed to get UtahFiero's program to hotsync onto my Handspring Visor. I haven't built the ALDL cable yet. When I ran the program it gave me a "Fatal Error" (Fatal Exception), from which I had to do a soft reset in order to get running again.
However, this might be because I don't have the ALDL cable connected yet.

Ed

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
I seem to recall that Palm sells a program to do this for about $20. While the home brew is great this cheap factory program might not be as frustrating.

------------------
Dwayne Mohr
84 SC Red
87 GT 5sp Silver
(Formerly FieroSoul)

utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
I could not find any other program that did this (or a similar thing, so I wrote one. Can you please provide a link to Palm program for $20.

Martin D. White

utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2003 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post

utahfiero

244 posts
Member since Jan 2002
I done think that the Handspring visor has a serial port, it only has a usb port. This program only works with Palms that have serial ports. If your palm (handspring visor) does not have a serial port this program will not work. Olivers ALDL cable will not work either.

Martin D. White

edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2003 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
Utahfiero:

According to the developer's manuals for the Handspring Visor, this thing does indeed have a serial port. IIRC with the right adapter cable it will connect directly to any RS-232 serial port. Let me check this.

Your program doesn't access the hardware directly, right? I would assume that you use a built-in function call to access the serial port.... If that's so, then it ought to work. Have you ever tried running the program on your Palm IIIxe without an ALDL cable attached?

Thanks!

Ed

edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2003 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

edhering

4031 posts
Member since May 2002
Okay, here's the skinny on the Visor's cradle connector:

It has TXD and RXD for serial data (TTL level, not RS-232) which connects to a UART inside the PDA, as well as USB_D+ and USB_D- for USB interfacing.

Theoretically, the circuit on the WinALDL page ( http://w1.601.telia.com/~u60113744/software/winaldl/aldlcable.htm ) ought to work with the Visor.

Ed

EDIT: fix link

[This message has been edited by edhering (edited 04-21-2003).]

utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2003 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
The cable in that link (the WinALDL cable) will NOT work with the palm program that I wrote. The program I wrote will ONLY work with the cables built by (or like) Oliver's cable. The data from the two cables is VERY different.

I will write a Palm App to work with that cable if someone sends me one of those cables for free.

I have the the palm app on both a Palm IIIxe with nothing connected and a Sony ClieT665C with nothing connected. Both worked (no Fatal Exception).

The data I just found on the visor serial port was not clear. I will look some more later. I use the builtin serial port manager to access the serial port, so I am suprised that it gives a FATAL exception. If you could send me the ROM image from your visor I could use POSE to find the problem.

Martin D. White

PFF
System Bot
edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2003 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

The cable in that link (the WinALDL cable) will NOT work with the palm program that I wrote. The program I wrote will ONLY work with the cables built by (or like) Oliver's cable. The data from the two cables is VERY different.

I will write a Palm App to work with that cable if someone sends me one of those cables for free.

I have the the palm app on both a Palm IIIxe with nothing connected and a Sony ClieT665C with nothing connected. Both worked (no Fatal Exception).

The data I just found on the visor serial port was not clear. I will look some more later. I use the builtin serial port manager to access the serial port, so I am suprised that it gives a FATAL exception. If you could send me the ROM image from your visor I could use POSE to find the problem.

Martin D. White

I expected that to be the case (knowing just enough about programming to know that it would be stupid to write your own serial routines).

Right now I'm trying to get ahold of a Palm IIIxe for cheap, so don't worry excessively about this. Besides that, I've got to get a serial hotsync cable for the Handspring before I can extract a ROM image. Once I get a serial cable I'll PM you the image.

Thank you for your efforts.

Ed

edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2003 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

edhering

4031 posts
Member since May 2002
Also:

Thanks for the information re: the type of cable needed. Assuming that I would have eventually gotten the other stuff to work (one way or another) that would have driven me bonkers.

To tell the truth, I like the looks of Oliver's cable; it's just hard to find money for both a new/used PDA _and_ one of Oliver's cables when I'm hip-deep in getting my manifold leak taken care of. I suppose I could just play "Tetris" on the thing until next month...

Ed

Mac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2003 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MacClick Here to visit Mac's HomePageSend a Private Message to MacDirect Link to This Post

Wow, how did I miss this one? Now at least I have a use for the old IIIxe..

What gnu tools specifically did you use to write this app?

Thanks,

------------------

Andrew MacPherson
86 2M6 - Turbo what?
82 Z28 - www.ttz28.com
96 CRAPalier - Beater

utahfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2003 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for utahfieroClick Here to visit utahfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to utahfieroDirect Link to This Post
The developement section at www.palm.com has links to (and a guide on how to get started with) free palm development tools.

Martin D. White

opm2000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2003 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post
Congradulations on your development using the Palm format.

How about something using Windows CE or it's replacement Winhdows Pocket PC?

I'm no programmer, but I'll bet the conversion of Winaldl to Pocket PC is straightforward, since they are both in the windows format.

edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2003 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post

That sounds interesting, because I have most of the parts on hand and could gin one up in about an hour. I've got to make one for my laptop anyway; it would not be all that much extra work or $$ to make another one--and I could then test 'em both with the laptop.

I do not, however, guarantee that they will be "show quality"...

Please send me a PM if you think we can come to some arrangement....

Ed

fieroluke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2003 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierolukeClick Here to visit fieroluke's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierolukeDirect Link to This Post
Hi folks,

actually, I don't sell them for $75, but the price is $60, the remainder is shipping.

So, if you guys pool, you can save on shipping, and the price also goes down to $50 for quantities of 5+.

And as for the price, this is caused by a *real* RS232 level converter (as compared to the WinALDL cable, which will not necessarily work with all PCs or other devices with serial interface), and a real CPU, which takes care of all timing issues and converts the ALDL data to real, decoded, ASCII RS232 data.

Best regards,

-Oliver

------------------
Visit my website: www.fieros.de for lots of technical and other Fiero related information

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2003 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post
I have been selling these cables in the mall. If you don't end up making one let me know and I will send one out in interest in getting a program written for the Palm.

I do have a suggestion for you. I don't know what voltage levels the palm serial port puts out but I would imagine that it is a low level. You will thus need to use a 12 volt source from the car in the circuit for the WinALDL cable.

Originally posted by edhering:

That sounds interesting, because I have most of the parts on hand and could gin one up in about an hour. I've got to make one for my laptop anyway; it would not be all that much extra work or $$ to make another one--and I could then test 'em both with the laptop.

I do not, however, guarantee that they will be "show quality"...

Please send me a PM if you think we can come to some arrangement....

Ed

------------------

edhering

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2003 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for edheringClick Here to visit edhering's HomePageSend a Private Message to edheringDirect Link to This Post
Oliver:

No insult was intended; I apologize if you thought I was ripping on your cable. I actually think your cable is a really nice piece of work. I tend to include S&H as part of the cost of anything I buy (I do the same with tax, if any) but I do know your cable is actually $60, not $75.

When I have the $$$, I _will_ be ordering one, & for the reasons you mentioned in your post... Does your cable work with the WinALDL program, at the site I mentioned in an earlier post?

Jefrysuko:

I was thinking that the Palm serial port might not (probably would not) provide 12V. 5V is probably more realistic, and I don't want to think about how quick the juice would drain even if it were 12V.
I was thinking I'd have to include a set of 12V and GND leads to provide the 12V--maybe use a cigarette lighter plug for that.

Thanks for the offer!

Thanks, everyone, for your ideas and suggestions!

Ed

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock