Started on: 04-03-2004 06:14 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: PK on 04-04-2004 01:51 PM
BtotheB

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
I just replaced the bushings on my upper control arm... but the bolt doesn't fit back into it! I've got the prothane poly kit... is there anything I should have known about this before? Grrr... The bolt is just too big for the metal sleeve that came with the kit. Do I have to drill out the sleeve or what?

Brad

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fiero308

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero308Send a Private Message to fiero308Direct Link to This Post
did you buy new bolts by any chance? Are they 1/2" dia instead of 12mm?
there is just a shade difference in size if that is the case, and the 1/2" would not fit into a 12mm hole.
What year? Maybe you should list the P/N of the kit and see if it matches what others have bought......????
a couple of guesses for you.
BtotheB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Nope, I'm reusing the old bolts. They came out nice and easy, so I figured I didn't need new bolts. The old stock rubber bushings were in there before, so I"m pretty sure they were the 12mm bolts.

Brad

edit: and its an '85 SE

[This message has been edited by BtotheB (edited 04-03-2004).]

fiero308

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero308Send a Private Message to fiero308Direct Link to This Post
well I'd be tempted to put up your kit no and see if that is what other guys are getting for their (model/yr) just in case there is a difference - there is SOME difference between cradles in some respects so I don't know beyond that....

and check with the supplier to make sure too, I guess. Always do the easy stuff first!!!!

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
It was the Summit kit that I've seen a lot of people get on the Forum here before. PTP-7-2034 I think?
BtotheB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2004 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the top to see if anyone had this problem with the Prothane kit. I'll probably take the sleeves in to the shop tomorrow and drill them out to the proper size, but I just want to know if this is a problem with the kit or what. Thanks.

Brad

PK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2004 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKDirect Link to This Post
No probs with mine Brad (new UCA bolts with Prothane Poly). Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers
PK

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock