Started on: 03-30-2004 09:32 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: ryan.hess on 03-30-2004 10:36 PM
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Just an update as to what I've been up to... Finally got my service manuals, so now I can get to work constructing a 4t80e controller for my N* project... Well, here's the two most important pages from the manual:

Basically, the 4t80e is no different from the 4t60e, except that instead of the vacuum pressure modulator and all that, line pressure is controlled by adjusting the duty cycle of a 614Hz signal. So, if you wanted to have necksnapping shifts all the time (as if you had a shift kit), just leave that part unplugged. It'll revert to full pressure, and that's it. However, what I am looking for, is to adjust between soft and hard shifts... More than likely, there will be a button somewhere that when pressed, will go into "firm shift mode" by disconnecting that signal. I probably will end up going with the stick-shifter rather than 'paddle shift' buttons on the steering wheel though. So, that button will be in a "fighter jet trigger" location on that shifter no doubt. Anywho, thought I'd share. I know somebody was looking for this info (sorry, I accidentally deleted your PM).

*this is for a 94. other years may or may not vary
------------------
Northstar 87 GT in progress... Engine out, waiting for parts.

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 03-30-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
cancerkazoo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, That was me. I'm sending the info on to the UltraMegaSquirt/MegaShift yahoo groups. When you have a list of what pin needs what, or what range it operates in, send it to me.

Steve

------------------

cancerkazoo

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post

cancerkazoo

672 posts
Member since Aug 2001
A new GTP wheel would work nice with that.

Steve

ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cancerkazoo:

Thanks, That was me. I'm sending the info on to the UltraMegaSquirt/MegaShift yahoo groups. When you have a list of what pin needs what, or what range it operates in, send it to me.

Steve

...what pin needs what.... all solenoids are +12v operated... here's a wiring diagram if it helps any...

*edit... pin E goes to +12, and the other solenoid pins are switched on/off via gnd.

[This message has been edited by ryan.hess (edited 03-30-2004).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock