Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Where is the second wire on tach filter?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Where is the second wire on tach filter? by extremeintrepid
Started on: 03-30-2004 06:59 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: buddycraigg on 04-01-2004 01:49 AM
extremeintrepid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for extremeintrepidClick Here to visit extremeintrepid's HomePageSend a Private Message to extremeintrepidDirect Link to This Post
HI, I just got my first Fiero. OK I got two but only one is road worthy. They are both 2M4s My problem is on the 1984 I can only find one of the Tach filter wires. I have the one the runs from the tach filter to the coil. the other wire was busted off and I have no idea where it goes in the wire harness. So I looked at my 1985 and it has a different style filter. Both wires plug into the same place on the harness.

Thanks in advance.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
where is your wire broken from.

my 84, there was a wire coming out of both ends of the filter that went directly in to the harness. and then a wire that was soldered on to the side of the metal case that went to a bolt on the engine for a ground.

------------------
Buddy - there are two "G"s in my name
Ling = 84SE-350-N2O-Poly-Mr.Mike seats-Sequential turn signals-short shifter
Julia C = 85GT stock (kinda)
KCFOG

extremeintrepid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for extremeintrepidClick Here to visit extremeintrepid's HomePageSend a Private Message to extremeintrepidDirect Link to This Post
On one end the wire went into the harness and then to the coil. that is the only wire that was attached. I am about to run out and grab my Chilton's Manual and look at the wireing. I know that it is supposed to be grounded. and I have made a new filter. I just need to know where the other wire is in the harness. That way I don't need to open the whole harness. A wire color would be great.

Thanks

------------------
Something Witty.

extremeintrepid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for extremeintrepidClick Here to visit extremeintrepid's HomePageSend a Private Message to extremeintrepidDirect Link to This Post

extremeintrepid

111 posts
Member since Mar 2004
Bump and new problem.
extremeintrepid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for extremeintrepidClick Here to visit extremeintrepid's HomePageSend a Private Message to extremeintrepidDirect Link to This Post
Can I get some lovein here? Please? I hate not haveing a working tach.

------------------
Something Witty.

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i expect to be at the fiero farm tomorrow, i'll try to remember to take some pics of some 84 harnesses and make notes of any colored wires.
extremeintrepid

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for extremeintrepidClick Here to visit extremeintrepid's HomePageSend a Private Message to extremeintrepidDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buddycraigg:

i expect to be at the fiero farm tomorrow, i'll try to remember to take some pics of some 84 harnesses and make notes of any colored wires.

Thanks Buddycraigg

------------------
Something Witty.

CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2004 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i ended up not driving the car that i had loaded up with stuff to take to the farm.
that included the camera.

let us know if you are still having problems and hopefully someone will be more helpful than me.

------------------
Buddy - there are two "G"s in my name
Ling = 84SE-350-N2O-Poly-Mr.Mike seats-Sequential turn signals-short shifter
Julia C = 85GT stock (kinda)
KCFOG

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay