HELP! clutch arm pressure by longjonsilver
Started on: 03-29-2004 05:47 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: longjonsilver on 03-29-2004 06:47 PM
longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverDirect Link to This Post
i had a bad throwout bearing. i dropped the trans/engine/cradle and seperated the engine from the trans. i replaced the throwout bearing. i put the engine and trans back together, but i find that there is 1/2 inch of free play in the clutch arm, and then the clutch arm seems to 'hit a wall' and wont move any further. shouldnt there be at least SOME movement after the bearing engages the pressure plate? how much pressure SHOULD it take to move the pressure plate by the clutch arm? should i be able to move it with hand pressure? i dont want to install the motor/trans/cradle in the car only to find out i have to do more clutch work! HELP

jon

------------------
Im the original owner of a white 84 2M4 purchased Dec 10, 1983. "It is better to remain quiet and have people think you are a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt" - Abe Lincoln

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Unless you have a VERY strong arm you are not going to move the clutch lever by hand. Your install sounds normal.
longjonsilver

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for longjonsilverClick Here to visit longjonsilver's HomePageSend a Private Message to longjonsilverDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the speedy reply. i needed that (telling me its normal) now back to the garage for another stint of fieromadness. yeah!

jon

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock