Front fascia emblem part no? by Jhonny
Started on: 03-28-2004 06:09 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Jhonny on 03-31-2004 07:07 AM
Jhonny

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 06:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JhonnyClick Here to visit Jhonny's HomePageSend a Private Message to JhonnyDirect Link to This Post
Hi guys,

The emblem (pegasus) on the front fascia just fell off on my -87 GT. Can someone provide me with the part number for this thing?
BTW. I'm also interested in getting a Pontiac emblem which I would like put on the doors to show the cars brand. Part nos?

BRs

Jhonny

------------------
Pontiac Fiero GT -87 , V6 5spd

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
vlatus

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vlatusSend a Private Message to vlatusDirect Link to This Post
From www.gmpartsdirect.com

GM PART # 10036681
CATEGORY: Bumper/Fascia Emblem
PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $25.02
OUR PRICE: $14.76
DESCRIPTION: EMBLEM

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
Seems like all the NOS GT emblems anymore are just the insert, which you put into your old black plastic base. Problem is, the adhesive on the back of the insert doesn't work too well. Mine started lifting off the base after two weeks. I took some epoxy and used that to mount the insert to the base. Should keep it from coming off (hopefully).

Even if you find an emblem which isn't just the insert, chances are the adhesive isn't holding too well after all these years. Keep an eye on it to make sure that pegasus isn't trying to fly off your car again .

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
Few months back, PURPLEREIGN sent me a NOS GT including the back. I'd check to see if he has anymore. It has no signs of peeling. Perfect.

------------------

The End of an Era...The Thingy is finally absent from my Siggy.

chameleogaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chameleogazSend a Private Message to chameleogazDirect Link to This Post
over the summer I bought one from the fiero store that included the back, although it was pricy (I think somewhere around $25), I think I have the part number around here somewhere, I'll post it when I find it.

-Jeff

Jhonny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JhonnyClick Here to visit Jhonny's HomePageSend a Private Message to JhonnyDirect Link to This Post
The whole thing fell off including the base leaving nothing but a hole. I wonder if the gmpartsdirect part number includes the base too??

Jhonny

------------------

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2004 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
Two front emblams were purchase two weeks ago from Quality Pontiac in Cocoa , FL and were complete in the mounting bracket. They seemed to be a stock item that is still available through GM.
chameleogaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2004 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chameleogazSend a Private Message to chameleogazDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chameleogaz:

over the summer I bought one from the fiero store that included the back, although it was pricy (I think somewhere around $25), I think I have the part number around here somewhere, I'll post it when I find it.

-Jeff

The one I have is a Red/Silver lettered Fiero GT emblem with a black background, the box says it's part# 10036681, and it has the base/back.

-Jeff

EDIT: just checked gmpartsdirect.com, it's $14.76

[This message has been edited by chameleogaz (edited 03-30-2004).]

Jhonny

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2004 07:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JhonnyClick Here to visit Jhonny's HomePageSend a Private Message to JhonnyDirect Link to This Post

I checked the price of the PN 10036681 over here and it costs 400 kronor which makes about US 55$. It's very very expensive, ouch.
I didn't know plastic was so darn expensive almost as gold.

Thanks anyway

Jhonny

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock