Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  could a m62 supercharger be used on a 3.4L motor with fiero intake plenum?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

could a m62 supercharger be used on a 3.4L motor with fiero intake plenum? by m0sh_man
Started on: 03-27-2004 06:18 PM
Replies: 13
Last post by: jelly2m8 on 03-28-2004 07:08 PM
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2004 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
i know you would have to block off the fiero's throttle body opening, but could a M62 supercharger from a 94 bonneville be made to bolt on the top of the fiero's plenum and be used?

matthew

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2004 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
Im sure it could be done with alot of work, Question is would it be worth it.
donk316

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 329
User Banned

Report this Post03-27-2004 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donk316Send a Private Message to donk316Direct Link to This Post
im workin on that one....just building a custom plenum not hacking up a stock one.

------------------

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
Check this site out!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=www.mobeck.com/mt/Bilder/Eaton/Fiero%2520motor%25202.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mobeck.com/mt/Wiggo%2520Kvamtro.asp&h=365&w=400&sz=23&tbnid=2lj n3XhbmzUJ:&tbnh=109&tbnw=119&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfiero%26start%3D80%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26sa%3DN

------------------

[This message has been edited by mrfiero (edited 03-27-2004).]

Puckhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckheadSend a Private Message to PuckheadDirect Link to This Post
(insert Keanu Reeves voice here)......whoa!

-T

TennT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TennTSend a Private Message to TennTDirect Link to This Post
That is a nice install. I'd like to see the drive end.

TG

PS...I emailed the guy to see if he had any other pictures. Also included Pennock's URL

[This message has been edited by TennT (edited 03-28-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TennT:

That is a nice install. I'd like to see the drive end.

TG

PS...I emailed the guy to see if he had any other pictures. Also included Pennock's URL

No need for a TB or am I not seeing it..??
I also wish that the site was in English...

------------------

AKA. "SmoothGT"....

Custom Built W I D E BODY~GT!!

"I would rather be hatefully remembered, then just forgotten!!"

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2004 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The throttle body is on the far end of the blower housing, hidden from view by the piping in this view.

JazzMan

Jncomutt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
It looks the engine is either moved forward, or running tilted. There normally isn't enough room there for the blower, also notice the enlarged dog bone. Running the blower on top would not only run into clearnce issues with the decklid, but probably the grille as well. I've tossed around the idea of using a thunderbird supercharger, but not sure how to mount it due to the size of it..
OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jncomutt:

It looks the engine is either moved forward, or running tilted. There normally isn't enough room there for the blower, also notice the enlarged dog bone. Running the blower on top would not only run into clearnce issues with the decklid, but probably the grille as well. I've tossed around the idea of using a thunderbird supercharger, but not sure how to mount it due to the size of it..

Either that, or the trunk was cut out and moved back to make up for the difference, and the owner looks like they used the dogbone from a 4 banger on top of all that.

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
It would work, The biggest problem is the intake manifold's shape. It cannot support the stresses the blower would put on it. The middle intake would strip the bolts out of the lower. Now, an aluminum headed V6 60º has only 1 lower intake that is WELL supported and would be able to handle the stresses, not to mension has a boost compatible computer... You get the idea.

that idea. It could work...
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Or you could go with a Faegol supercharger that will bolt up to the 2.8.
(why reinvent the wheel when someone else already has a working design)
Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-28-2004 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TennT:

That looks really nice, until you have to change your spark plugs that is.. you cant remove a single one of them without taking it apart. 3 burried under the blower, and 3 smashed into the firewall. I just changed my plugs, and I had to use the brail method, while standing in the trunk. I suppose you could get to the back ones if you took the deck lid off. Personally, I would just put it on top, and cut a hold in the decklid.

[This message has been edited by Azriel (edited 03-28-2004).]

jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post

It looks the engine is either moved forward, or running tilted. There normally isn't enough room there for the blower, also notice the enlarged dog bone.

It looks to me like the engine is moved forward in the engine bay. There isn't much clearance between the plenum and the leading edge of the decklid. I can stick my hand between the plenum and the decklid, no chance on that car.

The engine bay looks geometrically correct to me.

And DIS...mmmmmmmm

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock