Started on: 03-25-2004 03:49 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Azriel on 03-30-2004 03:22 PM
Dave Gunsul

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2004 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know what the thread pitch and size of the Fiero shifter? I'm working on a custom shift knob so i need to know both the size and thread pitch of the original shifter. This is an 88 Getrag if that makes any difference. Thanks.

------------------
Activities Director N.I.F.E.

www.fierofocus.com

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Paul Prince

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2004 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
Can't remember, but you could take the shifter knob to a hardware store and go to the metric section and thread some bolts into it until you find a match...........That's my method ..........Paul
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2004 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/044505.html

Originally posted by CC Rider:

16mm shaft x 1.5mm pitch.
That would be a M16x1.5 if you're looking for the correct size die, etc

Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2004 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
That is correct. It's M16x1.5.
Also, the late model Firebird/Camaro 6-speed manual shifters use the same threading, so a knob for them will also work. I'm using a factory Hurst shift knob out of a manual 6-speed Trans Am.
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2004 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!
Azriel

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-30-2004 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AzrielSend a Private Message to AzrielDirect Link to This Post
I never did figure it out .. when i put a cue ball on my 88 5-spd I actually machined the old handle down and pressed the female threads into a larger hole.

Just FYI, if you try to drill a hole in a pool ball, use a solid, not a stripe. They're a 2 step casting, and one color will shatter off the ball without warning. Also, if you are drilling one in a lathe, be ready to duck. If you feed too fast the ball will start to turn and bind on the bit. Flying bits of plastic.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock