Electric water pump by jron
Started on: 03-24-2004 10:01 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: $Rich$ on 03-28-2004 08:10 PM
jron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2004 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jronSend a Private Message to jronDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking at putting one on my 350 tpi. What do you, that have them, recommend. Is there a lower limit flow rate? What amp rate is best.? How long do they last. ( hours ) Can they be rebuilt? Which one fits best? Is this about all I need to know ?
I want to get it right the first time ! Oh yeah,how do I wire it in. I want to know everything !!!

Jim

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2004 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jron:

I'm looking at putting one on my 350 tpi. What do you, that have them, recommend. Is there a lower limit flow rate? What amp rate is best.? How long do they last. ( hours ) Can they be rebuilt? Which one fits best? Is this about all I need to know ?
I want to get it right the first time ! Oh yeah,how do I wire it in. I want to know everything !!!

Jim

CSI-901

Flow = 37 GPM

2000 hours

rebuild kit about $79.00

Wire directly to the fuse box to run with Key in on position.

u want pics?

Archie

jron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2004 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jronSend a Private Message to jronDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Archie,pics. would be great.

Jim

$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i too have the CSI and when i put my motor back together im gonna wire it through a relay to run for like 5 or so min. after the engine is shut down to keep things flowing for a bit.
i had a 97 Jetta VR6 and it had a electric waterpump that only ran for like 5 min. after shutdown and it helped cool things off real well

------------------

Rich AIM: ONE FAST 2M8

3fifty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 3fiftySend a Private Message to 3fiftyDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, what Archie says, I did. I moved the battery up front. I then cut a hole just the size of the shaft of the CSI remote pump the go through under the spot where the battery was. I used a piece of rubber gasket material and made a gasket to use between the pump and the body to prevent squeaking. Cut the coolant tube just in front of the drain plug and hook the outlet of the pump directly to the coolant tube.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2004 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
anyone have any pics of the fittingsof the elbow used out of the waterpump? right now i have a cheesey brass plumbibng fitting that is real restrictive, i will post a pic later, but im looking for the proper fitting,

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock