Started on: 03-24-2004 04:11 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Golden86 on 03-24-2004 07:20 PM
Golden86

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2004 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Golden86Send a Private Message to Golden86Direct Link to This Post
Just as the title says, is it a good paint? The shop that I am getting the paint job from uses it, and they say it is from Germany and is used on a lot of Mercedees and BMW. I am just wondering if anybody has any experience with it, my dad has it on his Corvette, be he isn't using it as a daily driver, and I am. Im just worried it wont stand up to everyday driving conditions.

------------------
Gold 86 Fiero GT
Future plans: Not to start on fire!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Marvin McInnis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2004 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marvin McInnisClick Here to visit Marvin McInnis's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marvin McInnisDirect Link to This Post
First, I have no experience with the Standox paint material. Your father's experience is probably as good a reference as you're going to get on both the material and the shop.

One bit of advice, however. It is almost always a bad idea to ask a paint shop to use materials that they are not familiar with. Paint is not just paint, and the working characteristics can vary quite a bit from one material to the next. If you want to use a different paint, you should probably find another shop as well ... one that specuializes in the paint you've chosen.

[This message has been edited by Marvin McInnis (edited 03-24-2004).]

Golden86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2004 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Golden86Send a Private Message to Golden86Direct Link to This Post
thanks for the reply, my dads paint job is like glass, and it is beautifull for $3000(thats what im going to pay) but I was just wondering how well it lasts. Also does anyone no of a good shop around me, I don't really feel like putting in $3000 for a car that I paid $4000 for.

------------------
Gold 86 Fiero GT
Future plans: Not to start on fire!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock