Started on: 03-23-2004 07:58 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: avengador1 on 03-23-2004 08:43 PM
rogergarrison

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
OK no one get mad, This is a more tech question that some may know that never go to O/T. (I do have Fieros ...)

Heres a question for anyone who has, or who works on 911 engines. Im replacing the gauges in the GT. It is air cooled of course and has a temp gauge. It is an electrical gauge, not mechanical. Does it read cylinder head temp , or does it read engine oil temp ? Gauge just says temp in F* up to 260* I need to know which as Jegs needs to know which one to get me. The sender is screwed into the right cylinder head at the rear of engine and has the one wire on it. I dont want to just take it apart without knowing what i need to replace it. We all know how stuff breaks removing it By looking you cant tell if its just in the metal head or into an oil galley. My manual dont say anything about it. If its oil temp and it breaks, I have 10 qts of synthetic oil on the floor

Thanks for humoring me...............now back to Fiero stuff........

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2004 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Im not sure, but I am willing to bet that it is oil temperature. My friend has a '69 911 Targa and it uses the oil to cool the engine, that is why there is so much oil in the system (his takes 14 quarts). His car also has an oil cooler mounted in the grille up front of the car.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock