Started on: 03-21-2004 04:06 PM
Replies: 1
Last post by: 1MohrFiero on 03-21-2004 07:24 PM
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post
Hey guys,

Well, since I discovered that my 3.1 crank kit did NOT come from the supplier pre-balanced. (yet I assembled the motor anyway... heh) I have to take it back apart again.

I'm going to try to port / polish / port-match my intake setup even BETTER than I did before. I did it earlier, but I'd like to finish the job up.

I remember seeing an old episode of Shade Tree Mechanics, they had some sort of a pipe-cleaner tool that would attach to the end of the power-drill. It had a series of flexible metal sanding flaps on it. You could insert this flexible sanding device completely into any of the ports, and it would clean out, sand out, and polish the insides of the ports. It could go up to a 75 degree angle or something. Does ANYONE know where I can get this? And if this never existed, and I just made it up in my head somehow, can someone tell me how to get a patent?! hah

If not, does anyone know of a good port / polish kit?

Thanks,

------------------
Todd,
1997 Pontiac Grand Am GT
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6 (3.2L)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 2m4 SE
1981 Pontiac TransAm (sbc 350)
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Here is a link to a great reference site. They also show flapper sanding tool called cross buffs that sound just like what you are asking about. Hope this helps.

http://www.sa-motorsports.com/diyport.htm

------------------

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock