Repairing lines... by ace35
Started on: 03-21-2004 09:16 AM
Replies: 4
Last post by: 2000RagTop on 03-21-2004 11:35 AM
ace35

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
In this picture, I just highlighted the type of line I'm talking about. The one on the right is the 2 lines that run together. The type of line that always has those little connectors. Sorry for such an inaccurate description. But 2 are broken, and I was wondering if there's an easy way to replace them.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman sells replacement metal lines for our cheap plastic vaccuum lines. Or, you can buy a spool of rubber flexible vaccuum hose and replace the whole thing. It won't look as pretty, but it works.
Misred

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MisredSend a Private Message to MisredDirect Link to This Post
Go with Rodneys ....in the long run you;ll be glad you did...the plastic lines are no doubt like peanut brittle by now under your plenum. Yes, you;ll have to pull the plenum...but its a great time to make it "perty''.
REd
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
Thanks...but I don't have that much money right now. When I do, I'll definatly get that. But is there a quicker CHEAPER way to do it, not bashin rodney or nothin trust me I'd rather do that, but I don't have that much right now.

Thanks though, definatly gonna get that sooner or later.

2000RagTop

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 140
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2004 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2000RagTopSend a Private Message to 2000RagTopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace35:

Thanks...but I don't have that much money right now. When I do, I'll definatly get that. But is there a quicker CHEAPER way to do it, not bashin rodney or nothin trust me I'd rather do that, but I don't have that much right now.

Thanks though, definatly gonna get that sooner or later.

For a quick fix......take some rubber gas/vacuum line, cut about 1 1/2 inchs long, and connect the
broken tubes together. this will work with n/p's

Good Luck,
Michael

------------------

88GT/Auto/Beechwood Leather/SunRoof/Wing/Sub-Woofer/w-EQ/225/45/17 Michelin Pilots/All Opts Ex.T-Tops

<<< <<< <<< <<< < Pix of my GT /-
-/ Pix of my Vettes> >>> >>> >>> >>>
*** *** *** *** *** * "If you appreciate my contribution,..please rate me, Thanks"* *** *** *** *** ***

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock