Deck lid switch by the_rib
Started on: 03-17-2004 08:12 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: Whuffo on 03-18-2004 12:52 AM
the_rib

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for the_ribSend a Private Message to the_ribDirect Link to This Post
I am having problems finding the deck lid switch to turn off the interior lights. I close the lid and the lights stay on. I'm thinking it either needs replacing or adjusting. It's on an 87GT. I appreciate your help
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
drunkenscotsman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drunkenscotsmanSend a Private Message to drunkenscotsmanDirect Link to This Post
front or rear? the rear is to the left when you open the deck lid just look right on the bulkhead. i'm not sure on the front. hope this helps
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i believe the 87 will have the rear switch on latch.
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

buddycraigg

13602 posts
Member since Jul 2002
i bet litespd has a pic of one of his "removed before flight" flags stuck in the switch to keep the trunk light off while he's at a show,

(or at least i hope he does since last years show in gretna)

------------------
Buddy - there are two "G"s in my name
Ling = 84SE-350-N2O-Poly-Mr.Mike seats-Sequential turn signals-short shifter
Julia C = 85GT stock (kinda)
KCFOG

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post03-17-2004 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
By interior lights are you referring to the lights in the cabin? If so, the decklid has nothing to do with those. The only light the decklid switch controls is the trunk compartment light if so equipped.

JazzMan

the_rib

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2004 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for the_ribSend a Private Message to the_ribDirect Link to This Post
When I open the trunk or deck lid, the interior lights come on. They always have. Earlier tonight I was having problems with the light staying on while the lid was shut. I thought the switch was the little black one right on the latch but it didn't seem to have any effect. I then looked the part up on the Fiero Store and it does not look anything like the one I originally thought it was. That makes me think it's related to the power trunk release. I was fiddling around and must have hit the right thing because the interior lights went off. I'm still confused as to wich switch was/is giving me the problems.

And yes, I was talking about the cabin lights as being the interior lights.

[This message has been edited by the_rib (edited 03-18-2004).]

Whuffo

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2004 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WhuffoClick Here to visit Whuffo's HomePageSend a Private Message to WhuffoDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you have two problems here. One is the switch on the decklid latch - it's the black plastic item screwed to the latch. They've been known to fail; I just changed a bad one on mine. It's a junkyard item...

The other will probably be a bit more difficult - you've got a short between the "door ajar" circuit and the interior light circuit. These circuits don't come together at any door / lid switch; there may be a short in the instrument panel or the instrument panel wiring - or the cross-car harness. You can try a simple test to verify that there is or isn't a short by manually depressing the light plunger on an open door (between the hinges) and checking to see if the dome light goes out. It should if things are working correctly - if it doesn't you've verified that there's a short.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock