for you sd4 guys by moe
Started on: 03-17-2004 11:18 AM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Oreif on 03-17-2004 08:16 PM
moe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for moeSend a Private Message to moeDirect Link to This Post
saw this on ebay.....thought maybe you sd4 guys would like to see this...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2467349325&category=33617

enjoy...

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FastIndyFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FastIndyFieroClick Here to visit FastIndyFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to FastIndyFieroDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty curious about that intake valve size. Even on the 801 aluminum head, the max valve size was supposedly 2.08 inches. Other than that, if I had the cash, I would be all over it.

------------------

My Web page

SpideR W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpideR WSend a Private Message to SpideR WDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I saw that before too... just wish I had the money
MrPBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPBodyClick Here to visit MrPBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrPBodyDirect Link to This Post
I have never seen an SD4; however, I'm thinkin' that head and valve cover don't go together.
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrPBody:

I have never seen an SD4; however, I'm thinkin' that head and valve cover don't go together.

Yes they do go together. The base of the cover matches the mounting to the head. The square top piece is mounts to the lower valve cover. It is a 2-piece set-up. This valve cover will even bolt up to the stock 2.5L (requires a sensor and the EGR to move slightly)

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post
I wonder what kind of power can be expected from the head and manifold. I am interested in it but only if it would be worth the price.
MrPBody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MrPBodyClick Here to visit MrPBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to MrPBodyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oreif:

Yes they do go together. The base of the cover matches the mounting to the head. The square top piece is mounts to the lower valve cover. It is a 2-piece set-up. This valve cover will even bolt up to the stock 2.5L (requires a sensor and the EGR to move slightly)

I yield to superior knowledge. As I said, I have never seen one.

The seller has good feedback, so flagrant deception seemed unliikely.

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MrPBody:

I yield to superior knowledge. As I said, I have never seen one.

Dang, I can't remember his screen name. There is someone here who has one on his car and the thread
had a step by step on how to install it. They are very nice valve covers. You can actually still buy them from Summit Racing for about $96.00.

Originally posted by Erik:
I wonder what kind of power can be expected from the head and manifold. I am interested in it but only if it would be worth the price.

With a proper build-up using the stock engine block, You should be able to get to 150hp. I wouldn't go much higher on the stock block. With an SD4 block, Figure mid 200hp range. The aluminum head has over twice the flow of the stock head.
NOTE: The head does require some minor machine work to bolt to the stock 2.5L.

T-top Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for T-top FieroSend a Private Message to T-top FieroDirect Link to This Post
Oreif, it was probably me you were thinking about.
Here are some pics of my valve cover installed.

Oreif

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2004 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by T-top Fiero:

Oreif, it was probably me you were thinking about.
Here are some pics of my valve cover installed.

Yes, it was you.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock