3800 low mount alternator bracket setup by performancesolutions
Started on: 03-15-2004 07:09 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Riceburner98 on 03-24-2004 08:55 PM
performancesolutions

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for performancesolutionsSend a Private Message to performancesolutionsDirect Link to This Post

I build and sell these setups the price is $150

[This message has been edited by performancesolutions (edited 03-15-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dabadfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dabadfieroSend a Private Message to dabadfieroDirect Link to This Post
them are very nice i need a set message me with info. i would like to use paypal
VISCERAL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2004 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VISCERALSend a Private Message to VISCERALDirect Link to This Post
I am intersted in your setup, mainly the 2 brackets as I already have the dogbone mount. How much for all of it w/o the dogbone mount? And also, did you just freeze plug the intake manifold and waterpump? So your not running heater core lines?
Ottawa_86gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2004 04:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Ottawa_86gtClick Here to visit Ottawa_86gt's HomePageSend a Private Message to Ottawa_86gtDirect Link to This Post
Will this fit an series 1 3800SC???? if so, SOLD!!!

Cheers!
Eric

Riceburner98

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2004 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
What exactly is included in the $150? (how many pieces?) If it includes the dogbone mount that would be awesome, but I just want to check first...

------------------
Bob Williams
Multi-colored '87 Mutt, a work in progress! (3800SC installation in super-super-ssuuppeerr-slow-motion progress... Well, it used to run... Stupid... Axles... Argh...)

performancesolutions

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2004 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for performancesolutionsSend a Private Message to performancesolutionsDirect Link to This Post
the dogbone mount is a factory gtp head bracket. parts are as follows-- two front alt brackets 1 rear - idler bracket and bushing for grooved idler. idler bracket is slotted for adjustment of belt. works very well, It took some time to design although it looks simple. i like things clean. I will check into the series 1 I have a core im building the headers on for series 1 the headers will be avalible in 3 to 4 weeks for series 1. here is my series 2 headers.

[This message has been edited by performancesolutions (edited 03-20-2004).]

performancesolutions

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2004 04:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for performancesolutionsSend a Private Message to performancesolutionsDirect Link to This Post

performancesolutions

27 posts
Member since Feb 2004
my heater core is conected to thermostat housing and lower coolant transfer tube. VISCERAL

[This message has been edited by performancesolutions (edited 03-20-2004).]

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2004 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I didn't recognise the dogbone bracket, because I have Buick parts.. I do want a low-mount alternator (was going to do PS at some point, but who am I kidding? I have enough just to get the engine done!!) and will definitely keep this in mind. I also love the headers, but I've already set up a "cut trunk in half" exhaust with stock manifolds, so I can fit in as much muffler as possible. (2 mufflers and a cat, resonated tips) Want it to be as quiet as possible. <<sleeper>>
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2004 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
This guy is very very good. His bracket setup is awesome. I would have bought it but I had made plans with Purple Reign already. I must say though the guy's products for the 3800 is just plain awesome. Definitely recommend him to everyone, nothing but good things.

-Amir

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3800 Series II Supercharged In & Running.....

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/
CarDomain Website: http://www.cardomain.com/id/rare87gt

Riceburner98

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2004 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Riceburner98Send a Private Message to Riceburner98Direct Link to This Post
Doh! I just realized my alternator doesn't look like that... It doesn't have the 2 tabs that the top bracket fits into, only 3 single tabs around the outside.. 2 short ones and one long. I think I figured out a way to mount the one I have though, hope it works. I wouldn't mind buying both the brackets and a new alternator (good chance to powder coat a new one to keep it clean), but that's a *wee* bit out of the budget, which is already shot to crap.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock