Started on: 03-15-2004 06:15 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: TaurusThug on 03-16-2004 08:00 PM
TaurusThug

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugClick Here to Email TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
during the past few weeks i have noticed that my car get REALLY slugish after it gets warm. normally it does this about 2 minutes after the "Service Engine Soon" light comes one (Code 32) and from what i can tell its little gremlins powering my car and they get tired after the light comes on.

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk
www.XoticRydz.tk

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerClick Here to Email NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post
Maybe it is going into 'open loop' mode...lol maybe it's 'closed loop'..lol One or the other... Someone will be along soon to correct me...hehe
Have you done ANYTHING to correct the EGR..?? Fix what the SES is telling you and umm.. It might run right!

------------------

AKA. "SmoothGT"....

Custom Built W I D E BODY~GT!!

"I would rather be hatefully remembered, then just forgotten!!"

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 552
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonClick Here to Email rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Quick ez stuff first, replace air filter and fuel filter. Both could affect running after it warms up more than cold. If it doesnt fix it, it still dont hurt.
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugClick Here to Email TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
first off i think my egr tube has a crack in it since my car sounds like a 747's engines whining when i hit about 1800 rpm and i havent had a chance to do anything about it because it seems to shut up once it get warmed up a little. i have replaced my air filter and i need to do fuel really soon im just not sure if all the rust on the fuel lines and filter are weakening them, im afraid that when i take it off that im gonna break a line. i thought that if it went into open/closed loop(which ever it is) that it wouldnt rev all the way up worth a crap either, i had to tach out first and run up a little of second yesterday coming home during rush hour so i dont think its the fuel filter because wouldnt it be missing or something when i got over 4000?
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 07:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugClick Here to Email TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
i for got to mention that i have a k&n air filter, a 180 tstat, and an Accel Supercoil. my gauge reads about 160 when its completely warmed up and sometimes(once every couple months) it gets up to 210ish.
blazin'

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blazin'Click Here to Email blazin'Send a Private Message to blazin'Direct Link to This Post
Find out for sure whether or not the EGR tube is cracked. If it is, replace it. Vacuum leaks are not good. When do you get code 32? On the highway after sustained driving? My car had code 32, worked like a dog and it turned out my EGR valve was fubared.
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugClick Here to Email TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
well, it does it after about 5-10 minutes of driving "normal" and after about 10-15 minutes of "spirited" driving. it first came on after i got on the high way and was going about 70 so im thinkin its the egr. whats the cheapest non-junkyard solution? if i can ill try to get the flexible egr tube soon anyways.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock