Started on: 03-15-2004 08:14 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: fishman on 03-16-2004 06:49 AM
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
my car has ran great , always been 99.7% reliable, sat. i changed my oil, got done, went for a drive, and:
1. it runs a little warm, about 220* ive checked it 4 times and all is good

2. the speedo isnt working all the time now, its kinda flakey, it seems to work like the tach, it goes up and down with RPM's, (No throttle it stay's at zero)

3. it has a miss in the upper RPM's( kinda a studder)

4. the Torq converter seems to just kick in and out on the interstate, it cand decide if it wants to be on, or off

i shouldnt have changed my oil

------------------

Rich AIM: ONE FAST 2M8

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
did you check for error codes?
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
no check engine light
ryan.hess

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you need a new ground strap? [shrug]
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
Check the tranny fluid lately?
ManiMack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ManiMackSend a Private Message to ManiMackDirect Link to This Post
All of the problums could be eletrically related.

You didnt do *anything* but change your oil?

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Was this oil change after a ' winter storage ' by any chance. All kinds of stuff like that goes wrong after you get it back out. If youve been driving it all this time and it ran fine, and ALL you did was change the oil, it has to be coincidence, it should have nothing to do with the other stuff.
hajii

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hajiiSend a Private Message to hajiiDirect Link to This Post
as far as your speedo problem..try checking the VSS connector. I had something similar to that happen to me, and that was due to the little bugger coming loose.
$Rich$

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post
i know its just a Concidence, its my daily driver, also i did tighten the alt belt aswell, as far as the VSS, i swapped it out about a month ago with the correct red gear and it hasnt give me any problems until now, but all is good as far as the connection, maybe ill swap the gear onto the other VSS and try that, as far as it running hot, it runs about 225* ish i m thinking maybe the waterpump is getting redy to die?
all cooling tubes are good, and i flushed everything out last may, so i knot that the radiator is good and clean, maybe i just have a little air bubble thats bieng a slut and dosent wanna come out, ut ive burped it like 5 times and its full

and the tranny was serviced like 8K ago (fluid and filter) by myself, and its still full and clean, but i think that has worked its way out, it seemed to work good to and from work.... all 4 trips today

so i think my only problem now is the running hot

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2004 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
I'm voting ground strap, too.....
fishman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2004 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fishmanSend a Private Message to fishmanDirect Link to This Post
did you tighten the alt. belt too much?
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock