Started on: 03-13-2004 08:00 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: fiero go fast on 03-14-2004 02:14 PM
fiero go fast

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2004 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
Well I got my engine back in last night after putting a new (rebuilt) torque converter into my car, along with taking the transmission to a transmission place to have the shaft that the torque converter rides on replaced. So, I'm on my drive home, and everything seems all fine and dandy, and then suddenly for no reason the trans downshifts into second. So I pull into a parking lot, look around the car, no puddle under it, everything appears to be fine. I pull out of the parking lot, and it gets to second, and stay in second for a whole, thhhheenn eventually goes to 3rd. The rest of the trip home (although not very long) it goes into 3rd. This morning, I drive to work, although it only gets as high as second. My ride home from work, it decides to go into third like it should. I need to recheck my fluid levels to make sure they are good (since the torque converter was new, it tooook loooots of fluid). But BLAH! It finally doesn't leak anywhere and the damn thing can't make up its mind when shifting. Please help before i start just driving in reverse.

Matt

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2004 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
If the fluid level is fine, Try re-adjusting the TV cable for the trans.

------------------

Happiness isn't around the corner...
Happiness IS the corner.

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2004 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
Alrighty, will do. If this doesn't help thing, there anything else I should look for?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Thats what I was going to say.

Originally posted by Oreif:

If the fluid level is fine, Try re-adjusting the TV cable for the trans.

fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2004 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
Yep, well I adjusted the TV cable, and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

Matt

twentyeight

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2004 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twentyeightClick Here to visit twentyeight's HomePageSend a Private Message to twentyeightDirect Link to This Post
I've read lots of articles, studied them, etc.
Please post your (detailed) method on adjusting the TV cable. When going about 25-35 (sometimes faster) with light gas pedal pressure, the transmission won't decide what gear it wants, and shifts from 2nd to third to second to third, back and forth untill i either let off or accellerate a little harder.
Thanks
Andy
fiero go fast

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2004 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero go fastSend a Private Message to fiero go fastDirect Link to This Post
I'll just send you here since the orge has a details along with a diagram of what the end of the TV cable looks like. Its really pretty easy. The adjustment part is about half way down the page. http://home.sprynet.com/~theogre/tunnel6/index.htm If the link for some reason doesn't work, just click on orges cave at the top of this page, and go to powertrain, axel & tranny, then automatic.

Matt

EDIT: Also, be sure when adjusting, you move the throttle by hand to full throttle and adjust.

[This message has been edited by fiero go fast (edited 03-14-2004).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock