3.94 final drive getrag by InDeX420
Started on: 03-12-2004 01:08 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: Fierobsessed on 03-13-2004 01:54 PM
InDeX420

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2004 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InDeX420Click Here to visit InDeX420's HomePageSend a Private Message to InDeX420Direct Link to This Post
Was leafin thru my 'big fiero parts book' and found soemthing in rodneys section about a rare 90-91 getrag tranny with a 3.94 final drive in it coming from ??(beretta)?? with a quad4, is this interchanable with the stock getrag in a fiero? and also does anyone have one of these trannies??? he said the option code for it would have been W41, any info pllleeeaaaasssseeee...
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2004 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
W41 would be for a Cutlass Supreme Internationale, I think, and that means it's a 3.4DOHC with the Getrag 284 (Fieros use the 282). Or it could be for the Quad4 HO (190HP version) and it's Getrag 282 (but different bellhousing than the Fiero).

I believe Mantapart.com sells differentials you can put in your stock Getrag and Isuzu tranny.

Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2004 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InDeX420:

Was leafin thru my 'big fiero parts book' and found soemthing in rodneys section about a rare 90-91 getrag tranny with a 3.94 final drive in it coming from ??(beretta)?? with a quad4, is this interchanable with the stock getrag in a fiero? and also does anyone have one of these trannies??? he said the option code for it would have been W41, any info pllleeeaaaasssseeee...

It came in the W41 Cutlass with the HO Quad Four and a some Olds Acheiva SCX . I recently sold one including the motor out of my 91 W41 to a fellow Fiero enthusiast. A few even came with an LSD differential. You could use the trans if you were transplanting the quad 4 as well but if you wanted to use the trans for the stock V6 or I4 you would have to change the bellhousing case as the quad 4 bellhousing is different than the Fiero

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 03-13-2004).]

InDeX420

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2004 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InDeX420Click Here to visit InDeX420's HomePageSend a Private Message to InDeX420Direct Link to This Post
Great info, thanks guys...I had no idea what car to start looking in...
Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2004 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Two cars, both oldsmobiles, The 91 Cutlass Calias 442 (Very rare car!) and 92-93 Oldsmobile achieva SCX. You must have a Fiero/FWD Getrag from a V6 car (other then the 3.4 DOHC getrags, they're unique) to get the bellhousing half of the transmission from, Then change them. but be sure to shim the shafts and bearings properly or you'll get play in the transmission. As far as I know, The difference between the 3.94 and the Fiero getrag is the first 4 gears are short, 5th is about the same so they are still good on the highway but are meant to rev through the first 4 gears.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock