Started on: 03-09-2004 04:20 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: linenoise on 03-09-2004 04:42 PM
linenoise

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2004 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post
today I had the SES light come on while idling as soon as I started driving it went out. I suspect that since I no longer have a cat it's reading lean? am I on the right track?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2004 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Nope. The ECM has no way to know if you have a catalytic converter or not. The O2 sensor is before the cat.
Check the code to see what it is. What's your idle speed? Could be an out of adjustment IAC or TPS. (Idle Air Control or Throttle Position Sensor)
linenoise

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2004 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Nope. The ECM has no way to know if you have a catalytic converter or not. The O2 sensor is before the cat.
Check the code to see what it is. What's your idle speed? Could be an out of adjustment IAC or TPS. (Idle Air Control or Throttle Position Sensor)

Idles about 900 and smooth as silk. Guess it's all the more reason to swap in the 4.9 ( )

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock