Lowering the front of an 88 GT by FieroReinke
Started on: 03-08-2004 11:28 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Solo2 on 03-09-2004 12:48 PM
FieroReinke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroReinkeSend a Private Message to FieroReinkeDirect Link to This Post
I recently purchased a set of coilovers for the rear of my GT. Now I just need something to lower the front of the car. What are all my options for doing this. Websites that i can get hte stuff would be very helpful. Also what are peoples experience with the different methods.

Thanks alot
Chris

------------------
1988 GT T-Top #10/1252
3.4 TDC in the works

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2004 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarDirect Link to This Post
I will be using a combination of drop spindles and lowering springs. Held makes a couple different drop spindles (1.5" and 2" as I recall). From what I have seen, the 88 front springs are about 1" shorter than the early cars. Thus, using a 2" drop spring like those offered by West Coast Fiero for the early cars in combination with the drop spindle should give an overall drop of 2.5" - 3". An additional 0.5" drop will result from the use of a smaller diameter tire on the front. Ridney Dickman is currently testing a new style lower ball joint which is projected to lower the front of the 88 by 1".

------------------
FierOmar

Solo2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
User Banned

Report this Post03-09-2004 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Solo2Send a Private Message to Solo2Direct Link to This Post
Use what I have as your guide and then go from there:
Koni adjustable struts and shocks, 1988 ACE-Eibach 1 ¼” lowering springs, poly control arm / trail arm bushings, Moog outer tie rod ends, Moog inner tie rods, Norris upper / lower ball joints, grease-able poly sway bar bushings and end links w/ ½” grade-8 bolt, and all new parts for the steering rack assembly.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock