Quickie clutch question by jim123185
Started on: 03-08-2004 06:03 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: FieroBUZZ on 03-08-2004 06:19 PM
jim123185

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim123185Send a Private Message to jim123185Direct Link to This Post
I'm right in the middle of installing my new Centerforce Dual Friction clutch in my GT, and I noticed that the clutch slave arm that moves the throwout bearing can move back and fourth about 1 1/4 inches. I remember that it didn't move nearly that far when my old worn out clutch was in there. I did have to remove quite a bit of material from the flywheel to get it to clean up. Is this an excessive amount of clutch play? Or can it be adjusted out somehow? Thanks for the info.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Nothing to be concerned about. I have had the same worry when I was doing my last engine install. Once you have all the parts installed, that play goes away.

FieroBUZZ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBUZZSend a Private Message to FieroBUZZDirect Link to This Post
There is no adjustment, so the proper thing is to shim the flywheel/crank join to compensate for the material removed in resurfacing the flywheel.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock